-->

Saturday, October 12, 2024

terrible math, sorry about that (thoughts on WiFi range)

 I don't need to know the size of your house, why you have so many electronics, I only want to guesstimate your living arrangements.
If you really are richer than god, you sell electronics, or more likely stream movies to your girlfriend across the street or next door.
You could live in an apartment, with a friend several doors down.

but assuming you really do live in a very large house with very thick walls, you might actually need three routers.
(I reeeaahlly do Not want "Mesh", just one kick-ass-router, if one exists.

I don't care about your bots and your bulbs, your pool, and anyway I'll hear you bought an 801.11ah router next year or so.

and being under a rock, I don't know about the little wifi network stretching from here to the next town. I can only imagine it.

The picture says between 3000 and 5000 (which is exactly 4000) is a "Mcmansion"

McMansion, where McDonalds' owners live? IDK.
I read forums and see 3000 gallon fishtanks, 3 routers and a cat-bot.
How much of that is bullshit and salesmanship?
I think my router is dying again, it's pausing. 
What good is a long range router you need to buy 3 other routers for?

2000 is sooo tiny (I guess)

12x2+12x12 +6x12 +8x6 (roughly), no cat bot.
144+144+72+48 (breaks out calculator) 408?

I think I lived in a two-story apartment pre-cambrian-era
(pre Wi-Fi, pre microwave, pre touchtone)

OK I'm done, and I'd already have another router but the (what's it called when something is too new, shiny and expensive to buy?)
I promise not to be penurious, miserly1, I promise to "get what you pay for,"


Actually.....I want the as-yet-to-be-released "92u" which is beneath its two bigger brothers, but maybe it's easier to work with.
The apocalyptic badass on a horse straight from the grapes of wrath with a terribly swift sword: GT-BE19000, which, when you read all the bad reviews on everything else, makes you think it is your last, your only hope.
OTOH, marketing (since it doesn't exist yet.)
Advent
(Save us)


A guy can hope.
Whut??

I do believe my fastconnect 7800 adapter is four-stream, which made me wonder

They might (just might) be including their two bluetooth streams.
IF (if) they are, those specs they say spatial streams about might be, 2x2+2x2.
If not, if mimo 8x8 (whut?) is what I'm supposed to read, then I'm totally lost.


I don't know. 2x2 mu-mimo, is it possible, is it used?
But 4x4 routers usually cost twice as much (600++ vs 300)
Throw lots of jargon at you, and some amazon reviewers will be tearing their hair out getting it to work, (3-network, 3-meshes, etc) 
And others just go, "whut? Me worry??"
If you overbuy and six months from now a reviewer is castigating your kind of router because it does not have the new bling, XRDm2.0, it'll make you feel stewpid, if you trust reviewers.
But 4x4 only works with another 4x4, uhm,
OK maybe there'll be a sale.

Well it looks real nice.
IDK.

"BE92"(2x2), slings and arrows of outrageous assholes in forums, 
Or GT-BE-19000(4x4) with a side of buyers' remorse. 
I like both, for different reasons.

 



No comments: