-->

Friday, June 4, 2021

Disclaimer (part of the interstitial set)

 


So who rates the decent driver? (ahem) Who deserves the critical-duty 100%-working device-driver, (or is the device so mickey-mouse it wouldn't be allowed in a mission critical facility? (I saw this sentence and edited it, and now I feel slightly sheepish)
This next thing is a train of thought for the three-day-old rotting train of thought:
Network cards for hospitals (I doubt I'd find one advertised for a nuclear facility)





(tba)
The really wack-shit you guys go through just to be trendy...I've got a 10GBe card (not sure about the "e" but it looks nice)
Not SFP (apparently).(re-edit):(Folderolish way of saying, "Fiber"/"Optical Fiber" vs "Ethernet"?
So nevermind, I'll stick with Mickey Mouse.




A n y w a y.....

Rivet networks or maybe Intel or maybe "Realtek" makes my network-chip 

Don't piss me off
(Totally unrelated picture that was relevant yesterday)


(I don't use network cards, though I paid for one)
They all like the name "Killer" which is an adjective (like Sick or dope or phat or wack)
But 
They've abandoned all hope for my 2.5g network adapter. Apparently it isn't worth updating since 2015.
Which is fine, considering politics since then.
I don't know.
That's sick! Dope. (yay) (It's a good thing)



Ax2+bx+c except on Tuesdays and leap-year fridays


I  could buy a cruise-ship with the eco paraphernalia I've purchased.
The rumor is that the Rich pay less for electricity, and I can believe that.
The richer, the more tax-breaks.
I've got so much sim money I stuck it in a temple.
But I still don't understand taxes, they change daily, around noon.
Too much eco-stuff is (a French word meaning gauche) solecism and cacology (lol) and too little and they penalize me tons.
I wanted to kill the generators (buuut noooooooooooo) they require fuel and careful management, they're worse than Gardening!!)
The whole subject is so boring that there are only two mods in the world.
I want a mod that is as small as a lightbulb that emits 2.5 terawatts hourly.

If this was complicated playing, it's way more complicated *writing* about.
Real-world solar panels store energy during the day, and release it at night, and enough solar panels should make you rich. (Generally speaking.)
Sims solar panels don't know how to store electricity; You're richer than God on sunny days and deep in debt at night.
The problem becomes, having too many panels, which is fine during the day but a real drain at night.
You'd have to be some math wizard to know how many are just enough. 23 solar panels at night draw enough power to keep 9 windmills busy. Two generators are off ("idling" doesn't sound right.)
Calm wind, perfect weather, but I will edit this if it rains or gets too cold, whatever.
Plus they change the rules slightly every month or so, tweaking taxes, tweaking power.
I'm afraid to use toilets at home, I must go to the gym to use their facilities (They are exempt from any bills)
I think some conservative-wag must have thought up most of the rules, some real asshole out to convince you of the futility of green-power, but that's just guessing.
(I mean, it *could* have just been well-meaning incompetence)

Headlines you could click on


Weight loss drug approved!!
(click the headline to read the weight loss drug wegovy)
Click *that* headline to read
it's really just semaglutide, a diabetes med.
So what started out looking like an infomercial on Google's front page turns out to be a higher dose of an existing drug.
It's nice, though, that news is so slow, weight-loss makes headlines.


I kind of doubt reporters hung around the lobby of the FDA waiting for that announcement;
it's a press-release (I don't know jack about press releases but I'm pretty sure they are advertisements masked as news)

The GOP Bible dictates that Biden should look bad until the second-coming of Trump or his son...
Anyway the other eye-catching headline is that 
vaccines don't usually do jack for the immuno-compromised.
That makes sense if it's true.
A vaccine is like a wanted-poster for bad-guy germs.
But if the sheriff is dead, nobody reads the posters, the bad guys come and shoot up the town,

If you know you're immunocompromised you'd prolly be on special meds and your vulnerability to a huge variety of big-bad-guy germs would be well known by your medical professionals.
Nancy the nurse and twitter probably wouldn't know that though, prolly shouldn't have told you to go to disney world or the congo (I'm just saying)

ROTD



roger benitez "say hello to my little friend" 
Would make a great headline and it's almost true.
Bah.





"Candygram for Mongo"



Before I have to go ranting "Say hello to the bad guy" because you're all shocked, appalled, outraged,

The AR15 is like a swiss army knife.
The guy in the second video didn't need a knife (or an AR15)
But the defenseless lady could have used one.
Hey that's YOUR rocky logic, not Mine, you've stooped to new lows.
(end of train)


15% tax on corporations operating internationally (vs 0% vs 21%)
hearken back to Gargantuan companies incorporated in "Delaware" (a random long train that's related but sounds like I'm drifting off like some old-guy (what?! OH!)
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/05/g-7-nations-reach-historic-deal-on-global-tax-reform.html
You gotta understand, these not for profit corps lost BILLLLions and may never make a profit again (OK, 9.8% *maybe* but that's pushing it)
After they pay the CEO's salary, there's nothing left!!
(Won't you please save the world and send $19.95 (sixty three cents a day) to help these poor companies??
Think of the elephants.

Dusty tumbleweed blows by station after train-of-thought is long gone.
(They prolly thought people wouldn't notice, what with the plague and all. I wonder if he was going to apply for govt. relief next?)
(and the article says he had cohorts, minions. What of them, "conspiracy to commit"?)
And what of the zilllllions of business-type people who were tons better (the ones in Delaware, eg)

No comments: