-->

Monday, August 14, 2023

baldur's gate 3 wtf?

I've got a TLDR kind of, and it's only because I'm so screwed ever trying to kill "Orin" because they tie it to an infinite number of quests you have to be familiar with from the start of the game(?)

https://www.gosunoob.com/baldurs-gate-3/get-amulet-of-bhaal-bg3/ is something you just have to google or maybe it's implied under hypnosis, IDK.


OK not TLDR so much.
Kill Orin! Kill Orin! Kill Orin, the BB commands me.
(how?)
Travel back in time,
Go to hell (literally)
wear a medal that has eighteen quests to get it.
OK you wanna use the game's mechanics to your advantage, and "dexterity" is nice to have, people say, because it determines who fights first!!
In my horribly bad playing style, who fights first before any bad guys, is extremely important.
"initiative" is important too, someone said, 
and I'll edit this edit if I discover more.
Invest heavily in "dexterity" and abandon all hope for "magic missile" (bye-bye)


  • fighter, who is a
  • Battlemaster, who used to be a 
  • soldier,
  • who has a penchant for Acrobatics
The reason keeping this game from being incredibly pointless and boring (because it's pointless) is replaying umpteen times to get everything exactly perfect, barring jaded feelings of predestination.....play til you're dead, til no one cares anymore.


Biggie satanic tease (think Al Pacino):
To be somebody in BG3, you need to pick a species and a class,
Like maybe Wizard-evoker, to get the "magic-Missile" spell to be able to break walls and thereby cut the shit (dad).


The tease (and I have to guess) is, Satan offers you something but takes away something else.
I don't know what picking a wizard instead of a fighter/soldier will do to you, down the line, will you be eternally wimpy?

The rest of this is bloggish (bloggy) from when I first purchased the game.

And I sort of gutted my gist, which isn't really relevant anymore.

Playing without "Magic Missile" (see above) seems pointless, but I'm following varying suggestions from different sites,

Yes, you're badass until it gets real dark, until you can't push through walls....

Yes you're strong but dum .

So what's the point of the game?



And like every game for the last couple months, the ending is so hard it's pointless to play without secret-sidewalk inside cheats "Hit 'im with a pie," etc
F'n play as a football linebacker, see if it fits (IDK)
Hair color is irrelevant, you Will be red-headed...
Black, highlights=black, graying=black, and she's sort of silver-haired or reddish.
The red part must be blood 



Wut?
(I hate puzzles)
Pointless stupid ones that kill time.
OK got through, talked to talking dead-head, trudged through bloody guts, found the Absolute.
We who are about to die salute you.
(Right after the mini-movie.)
I'm all, "Time for a restart" or another blog entry.
I'll never get this far but it's nice to know.
The spoilers are so damn thick it's hard to know what's going on:
Kill the minions, control the big-brain (wasn't this a cartoon?)
and command the brain to destroy itself.
uuuhh, whut?
This WAS a cartoon, on Cartoon network.
Maybe they want to appeal to elder gamers.
1. Ignore the witch and the insane woman not wanting to be saved.
2. Ignore all refugees (you'll get a talking-to)
3. Head straight for the mausoleum, Meet shar(ron,lotte, lene?)
4. uhm, I'm starting to forget. The big-ass heroine dies quickly (too quickly)
5. Die/Defeat the undefeatable evil axis controlling the brain
6. (I've not gotten this far) convince the brain that life is hopeless and to destroy itself. (Star trek and every evil-computer)


 (So that pretty girl was a mirage, an illusion? I know about makeup, I wasn't just born, but it took a LOT of makeup to hide the tentacles, the glowing eyes) Fall in love with spanx, with eyeshadow, perfume, it's all a lie.








Ignoring all the fucking HUGE plot-holes, let me summarize:
A really evil octopus flies around the city ("Zardoz" with Sean Connery)
and he's (dyed in the wool bad guy)
and hellraiser-types kill his ship, nearly killing him.
So (excuse me all to hell) when I don't believe "The Emperor" octopus, I find that I'm a slave to a Gargantuan Octopus who does not like me.
O sure NOW you tell my tentacled ass.
Where were you before?
Why does the octopus lie
if he's a good guy (crossdressing son of a worm?)?
Do-Over!
Help the goddam plot device (emperor) and ignore my f'n feelings on octopusses,
and then (and then??)
And then "Little house on the Prairie" starts and I start to look for the remote.
No, I'm supposed to be a sewer-hunter, defender against eveil.
And none of this garbled crap is possible without googling. 
I skipped googling "the emperor" and look where it got me.
I'm a thrall of google.
I welcome the darkness already, pain then peace *(if that made no sense you haven't played)


This goes back to my original half-baked question, are worms the food of champions or not??
I don't really know if you're an "immersive" reader/gamer, or if you're the type who reads the last page, replays plot lines.
I *was* the immersive-type, and now it all seems so flavorless and nihilistic (it doesn't matter)
Dominate the world (eventually) or go back to being a bum, which is what I am,
those are my endings (or I could just restart.)
I didn't get my time on the beach this playthrough, either that comes later, or I stepped on some plot-toes somewhere.
I (my character) shrugged and dove in.
But if I say "You first," there's more?
Deliciously perverse to kiss half-infected Shadowhearts,
After you "persuade" them to taste the rainbow, as it were.
BTW we need Illithid halloween candy.





Web pages, wordy ones, tell you the benefits of letting some guy remove your eye, another guy suck your blood,
and (the best so far) surrendering your best friend to get more minions.
Well and there's always the worms you're constantly urged to eat.
I don't know if you can actually win this tirade of tortured pleasures yet, 
because I keep restarting.
No worms, no blood, no ending (yet), and the endless act 3 quests kind of convince me to restart or give up, I don't know yet (but I'm still a good guy)
I destroyed the robot foundry. This is the farthest I've ever gotten, all other playthroughs ended in the Sewers or Bhaal's temple, and I just would run out of reasons to continue.
I've been really trying to get back to the castle / kill Orin, and I'll give it a couple more play-hours, but it looks pretty hopeless now.
Why does everything have to be googled?


No comments: