-->

Sunday, March 10, 2024

"I'm Melting! Ahhh"

 At least three pot-roast candidates present themselves at my store.
One is the tri-tip sirloin with its coat of fat, very expensive fat.
Optimized tri-tip



Another kind is "Chuck Shoulder (yada whatever)" which is super-delicious and does not require dentures to enjoy.

If you slow-cook candLes you'd prolly know what I mean



The third one, less melty, more beefy, is: (I forgot, I'll edit this)
Well this false photo looks a LOT like it. "Cross Rib"
Something-yada-whatever.
Movie-star version of what they really sell


I'd rather have "cross-rib" than an ultra-rare chuck-shoulder
 (chewy-mattress style) But that's just me.

The magic that people perform on your ordinary chuck roast to protect it, gets convoluted.
Lessee...Coat it with flour, swathe it in Salt, fry it up.
I can't do that (I already wrote that, did I erase it?) so, "cross rib" wins the competition.
I don't know this celebrity but she owned a richer-than-god house which
burned to ashes, and the first thing I thought of was this entry.
Smoke detectors are a blight.
I love CO-detectors though.




There is no poor people meat dishes anymore, I don't think.
When we were kids maybe hamburger, baloney, but they're strictly legacy foods for undying nostalgic romantics...
Here, read a google about Osso Buco, a dish I've heard of but never really knew what it was (cow brains? Tongue?)


Anything on a cooking show is expensive.

Some of that goody-goody food is either expensive, overpriced or both.
(Take "chives," useless little things)
Carrots are boring (and overpriced)
Face it, you're too poor to eat healthy....

Stuff people say not to eat is less expensive (slightly) so maybe the secret is to cook unhealthy food in healthy ways.
Cans of (unhealthy) salted peanuts are on sale (were on sale) at CVS.
Sugar is high but if you buy a large bag, it's not too bad.
Unhealthy black tea is cheaper than fru-fru tea.

I'm googling...
A site that looks too politically correct for me (and my disapproving stomach is raising a digestive eyebrow) :
https://www.thestarvingstudent.co.uk/ ðŸ¤¨ðŸ¤¨ðŸ¤¨

Define "Incredibly cheap", potatoes have risen a zillion percent:
6 bucks a bag isn't cheap (geez)
Perhaps they are
free-range, non-gmo, organic brown
(vine ripened)




Chicken-bone soup (or you could just buy the damn *broth* and save on buying the chicken)
Buy boneless or be nagged to death






No comments: