-->

Monday, September 9, 2024

piddly vs cosmic: "Jet stream"

 I briefly (five minutes ago up until 5 minutes from now) want to know the name of the international jet stream, the one that affects heatwaves.
The one that looks too far away, unless it's in a good mood, and it drops south.
The one that affects the local winds.
Well, nevermind.

no, the west-to-east big-blue-ribbon-thing (or it that artist-propaganda?)

I'm convinced, have been for yeeeeers, that most weather enthusiasts don't care much about weather west of a line on the map.

They will talk up a storm (lol) about the eastern seaboard, about Florida, and sort of leave us be ("It's hot." Duh)

This here map shows we're unworthy of a jet stream, only the east coast was blessed by god to get one, we're supposed to be in outer darkness (says this map)

Our stream (on the extreme left) can't put out, it's too weak.



Here's another map. I get most of it, but not all.

I thought to be smart, turn off the surge-protector (like before a storm) in hot weather, when the router was not being used.
The first three days were OK, once/twice daily it got shut off, but the third day
it wouldn't turn on, and then it did, but it buzzzzed like in a frankenstein-lab.
My particular model retails for over $70, and a USB-connector version is nearly $100.
OK. I guess I can leave the switch alooone. 
(Hmm)



No comments: