-->

Friday, October 4, 2024

The iceman cometh

 terrible title, but "winter" half whispered threateningly would be lost too.

Well anyway I've only got around three sentences (OK 4) so far.
There is a hedge close by that rips jackets.
It was inevitable that my army-lookalike jacket would rip. 
How do I fix it?

Polar bears have hollow hairs! I learned that today on a kids' science show.
A lady in China duplicated the hollow hairs, but it's either vastly expensive or incredibly difficult, and a guy could only buy a teeny piece.

Naugahyde bleeds color, and it would smell. Or maybe it was Suede. 
OK maybe this year I'll go leather, except you can't get leather wet.
Those BIG puffy jackets with very thin skins
would never survive the jacket-eater hedge!

Googling fashion for men, they should not look jacket-y, 
more like well-made shirts.
You've just stepped out of your Lexus to do an errand; You Didn't just wait for a bus in the rain! For an Hour,In the wind.

Arcteryx Beta AR, with Nike shoes and Track shorts, hmm
In other words, Being richer than god and buying arctic-grade for the Olympic Trials might be over doing it. IDK. (for going to the supermarket to buy milk)
There are no hedge-ripper specs.
Bus-denizens need pockets; I'm not about to buy a suitcase on wheels. Or a big-ass backpack.

So, yeah, pockets, not Lexus poseur wear.
I'm partial to jackets that are thick, but that's what got me in trouble in the first place.

Not being a lineman in blizzards, I might stand out.
But
It has nice pockets.
Does it come in unobtrusive colors?

I'm wondering what constitutes "style" vs utility.
Spring-sprinkles vs tropical storms (It should not look too heavy, 
apparently, not like you're a refugee from Alaska)

69 vs 699, you can't tell the difference from a teeny picture (I can't, not having read any fashion Haute Magazines.
Logo's really suck.
Soft-shell, Hard shell,
High-Denier! Yeah, OK.
Will it look good at the Supermarket on Christmas, are those titters and snickers about me?


Geez.
T-Shirt+shorts kinda guy, with a possibly non-torn, non-homeless look.
It should *breathe* and if it has a smell, it should smell good (or so'd say all the vendors who care about smells)


Find a f'ng smell they'll like,
and read a f'ing review, 
*I* seriously miscalculated.
But ya gotta account
for all the freebie bottles
they send to reviewers (Fac!!)


You've just been hit, and laying there in the shiny wet street, it should be easily removable but still be able to hang on to precious items securely.
(Or am I overthinking this)
I wrote already about stuff I want vs stuff I need.
My first choice *Hours* ago, @ $139, beats all $400-800 ones, but they haven't started the sales yet, have they?
I don't trust any of them.
Seriously.
"Fruity" o yeah, that's all I need (Geeeez)


But I don't know. Live with the rip and hope I keep meeting polite people all winter, or 
It looks ok in "Brown" but "navy Burgundy"? IDK




Women can wear damn near anything, and be fashionable (whether they look good at being fashionable, that's another person's blog.)



I don't get it. Is she famous?


"If only I knew then what I know now," I'd still flunk math.


Yah, um WHUT?!
Being 8, you prolly never saw 625,1000 (the number) it's way too big.
Division is guessing, that you can divide by a number (by multiplying it repeatedly) without breaking the number.
quarters (you've guessed) go into 625, 4x6 +1 is (uh) 25.
O, times up.
(shit)
---------

Minuend, Subtrahend


Metric, SAE, Imperial, Celsius, Fahrenheit, "proper", "Improper" (mixed)

Yeah? whutever.








He'd hate you, God knows why
After writing this, I remembered low-end engineers with dusty cars working hard at engineering jobs for the hope of becoming biggie engineers one day.
Or you could watch "Bones", the old TV show, to find out there's a pecking order.
Harder workers are berated, joked about.

So they quit to move to France, have a kid, etc.
Or they could just become real-estate agents!
Anyway:

No comments: