-->

Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Christmas Trains of Thought

 I dusted off some of my music players and I downloaded an equalizer.
I don't care much about players, 
but these old ears need an equalizer badly.
And now I want to point you to a well-known Christmas song,
 and beg your young, fresh, *working* ears 
to listen to the first few seconds of a Mariah Carey song, 
"Jesus what a Wonderful Child."
Is there really a stuck-note in that organ, 
or is my equalizer set very wrong?
I hear a very high note that sounds tuneless, 
but the note changes pitch.
So maybe it's a very sweet note that I just cannot really hear.
https://youtu.be/k2azO6P2QfQ?list=RDk2azO6P2QfQ

We're only talking about the first few seconds of a song, on extremely bad headphones (Your *earbuds* must be better)

You can't call people blowhards, it's potentially insulting.
Having said that,
I spent a huge chunk of an afternoon listening to blowhards like this one, where nothing works because you're following someone else's rules.
In point of fact, your hardware already knows what to do, does it (usually) and waits for you to catch up.
So this guy's quote is useless noise:
what it "should" be
 

What it is.

Crap, on a stick, with fries,  à la mode

This link, unanswered questions (after the link) (which I haven't read yet, trains wait for no man)

OK How come, no matter where you go, someone is always pushing a *special* driver for realtek, 
Only available from bad neighborhoods after 9PM.
The actual driver for realtek comes straight from Microsoft and apparently works, with only one Biggie glaring-gash of a flaw, 
there is no realtek-equalizer, there are no sound modifications ("concert-hall," "Bathtub") you can make,
 *Unless* you mention "the Rat"
 to whoever is at Dock st. and Grape after 10 (watch your wallet)

The link reminded me, I "need" a front-panel jack replacement.
And, maybe a drill so I can install the new jack.

Fuck YeaH!! oh, um, hmm, maybe next year.
Fac Iterum and all that sort of rot. Pip-pip, cheerio, eh what? (lol)

 
--


Do ya wanna be trendy, woke and unassailable in forums? (OK OK being in a forum is like living in a glass house, a house with roaches and dust and pissed-off neighbors, and noisy dogs, and cat-shit...Nevermind)
 I wonder how people *live* with the furry cord-eaters, hmm.



But if you only wanted to dump slumming at terrifying places on the web,
Here is yet another reason to buy a reasonably priced x570:
X570, SATA-Capable M.2, "ESS" sound-chip, my list is growing slowly.
The board above may or may not have M.2's SATA's can be used in, it was an example.





No comments: