-->

Thursday, March 11, 2021

Throttling

 No Intro, except to mention that my internet went out completely, and when it came back, I reset everything (modem,Router, PC) And visually it works, slowly, but is it me or an aftermath of the outage?

My greatest fear is that I have something set wrong.

And if you want to tag this with the same worries about Edge not being able to use my bank, and Microsoft being incredibly slow or dead (for me) go ahead, maybe it's all related.

(Should I, Must I, what-if I...???)

Maybe I'll disable ipv6, eliminating it as a suspect, biggie "Hmm."

Actually, it helped.

The following link just would not load, and then it loaded fine.

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/consumer/stimulus-checks-could-hit-some-bank-accounts-soon-weekend-white-n1260725 ("Paper or Plastic?")


After restarting (it was dismal, abyssal before a restart)

I'm still getting really bad retro-style sites from Microsoft


I only learned five seconds ago, that "google news" appears blank but an "in-Private window"
displays it perfectly.
This is a mystery. So it isn't "reset, erase, restart" (wash pray learn) and any other platitudinal things so-called gurus have, it's totally different.
I guessed right on IPV6, lemme guess again that it's something to do with cookies or an overly-strict setting.
An overly strict cookie-banning authoritarian, in the basement, with a candlestick.
If I can (before I need to pee or sleep) I'll go see if the same magic works on "MSN.com":
No.
It is just as dismal as before, mobile-phone style from 2002.

Plus, every few minutes, "Edge" changes its mind and decides NOT to load a webpage it loaded fine before, like some moody overbearing Landlord.
Riddle: unsolved.
Turning on IPV6 as requested by many, helps but MSN still reeks.
Remarkably, the front page of the Edge Browser appears to be very professional looking, 
(Sholva) Kree!!


Geez, the nerve. Tasteless Philistines.






but *clicking* on one of the MSN-links time-warps to 1998, although I (should probably) blame myself, it's some arcane service or setting I've disabled.
By this time you're probably wondering why I should care:
Internet speed
Security
Page-loading speed (some Microsoft-sites take eons to load)
Eons


which spawned all kinds of trains-of-thought, and me going to websites I never frequent or care much for.
Weather is WAY overrated, by the way, unless you're into that (You must be) and then nevermind.

In chapter-the-next, I might abandon some extra handy-dandy brand-spanking new security settings, like maybe the ones that encrypt the encrypted (It was a thought, because ???)
Meanwhile...




"disable TLS 1.3" (AKA, unlock the back door just in case of cat or bird needing ingress)

But nothing so far (and the back door is unlocked, no cat here)

Vaccines Here (except for tiny town, too cheap to spring for refrigerators)
WE HAVE SUPPLY SHOCK!! 

Our hospital is barren, our CVS is a joke. 
Well, maybe with all those checks rolling out....
Above picture is of guy marrying girlfriend before death (The stuff MSN news has isn't too political but geez) 
Have you heard the one about the little boy punished in school for clogging a toilet?
Yeah Poor teacher fired nearly, mom'll prolly sue for pain and suffering, settle for 2.5 millllion dollars.+
(I procrastinate tons lately, what's up with "death stranding?")


This is so full of shit...


But if he were here it'd be hard to say WHY he's FOS beeecause, I forgot more than he knows.
When you ping for the max, you need to subtract (or is it *add*) some bytes, because, "Payload."
Or some other trendy word...Anyway, don't do what this guy says.
Or do it, then see that whatever you set it to, eg "1472", will get fragmented if you ping -L 1472.
Trusting his math, I'd venture to say, uh, 1472+28=1500, IOW leave it be.

I found a website that is as trendy and as professional as MSN *should* be, but I have not actually read anything there yet; the pictures load fine, the text seems sharp and readable, but beyond that, I can't say much.
A better blogger would know the difference between this link https://siliconangle.com/tag/deep-dive/
and MSN.

And yet another site (That loads correctly) starts talking about "MSN Preview" which all commenters hate. https://www.ieplexus.com/social-media/10120-msn-com-rolls-out-preview/
But I just want to know, is the "new-tab" page of Microsoft-Edge really MSN?
Because it's tons better than the actual MSN and it doesn't actually load *everything* and stuff you click on looks text-based and disappears quickly.
What I mean to say is, it looks better than MSN but I'm pretty sure it IS MSN, just prettified, and yet it is disabled as well.

If it's MSN it's still busted but it's better (than MSN, o nevermind)


-------
I'm worn out worrying about this, and some related crap, too worn out to kill more time with "Death Stranding." But once I turn off my PC, I can't see any messages incoming or quickly glance at my bank.

I'll totally guess, which is all I ever do, that direct-deposits happen only at night, usually after midnight (*just* after) And banks, even computers in banks, don't work Sundays.

*WHY* they actually got off of their butt to accept the last check on Jan 1 (That's when they said, but could it have been 12/31??) I will never know.

Maybe these governmental decrees make them work regardless of the day or the time.

I've never actually *seen* a bank's mainframe, but I suspect they are small and live together in little agnostic/faithless computer-ghettos nowadays, working round the clock, and the rules about weekends and holiDAYs are only for show.






No comments: