-->

Wednesday, November 17, 2021

ROTD toots at midnight

 https://www.factinate.com/editorial/pantone-klein-blue-vantablack-bizarre-world-color-copyright/



The above link is a train-car in the "Lithography" train.

This was made by "Grogan", I think. The right side ran out of Ink.
Apologies for failing to find a lithographic-quality example.

A famous-er example


I am not an artist nor a designer, and maybe that picture in my head of some guy setting up his 3-color print-job is from a dream, or I was a janitor in a print-shop, for a day.

Ignoring the technology for now, what was it Used for?

Line drawings, maybe for books? 

Or maybe Artists have this underlying thought about selling exact copies of their limited-editions...

Van Gogh Liked Lithographs, https://www.vangoghgallery.com/graphicworks/, I don't think "Starry night" was one of them.
Not sure.



I don't know the subtext, which is sort of what this started out to be in search of. 


(note, lithograph vs unspellable daguerreotype, and maybe "photogravure" https://ezstamp.com/easily-differentiate-photo-litho-stamps-simple-explanation/)

o. NVM


Anyway.

Apparently artists and designers care about stuff which you know nothing.
So me knowing jack about Modern-Lithography (and this after reading for an hour) is maybe by design.

Like magicians 

A link (one of many I glossed over)https://www.alocalprinter.co.uk/faq/litho-and-digital-differences




A memory: Of a college-studio tech reluctantly explaining to me the differences between a film-movie camera and an electronic camera (like the one in your phone.)

I was attempting to discern the difference in lenses. I still am, kind of (not really, but it's an unanswered question)

And none of this makes any sense, is not blog-worthy, it was just a very pretty ROTD.

Putting this into perspective, knowing what a hemi engine or slant-six is, is fantastic, I guess.
Which is more efficient, which is more cost-effective, which wins more races, why would anyone care, is the template for a zillion arguments (toots at midnight from trains of thought)

No comments: