-->

Sunday, March 20, 2022

predestined or ??

I'm having troubles typing today. So  I'll write briefly, that nihilism isn't what I thought.
At least according to google, life's pointless, which isn't necessarily bad.



But all that ingraining over the years tells me nihilists are usually depressed, was I wrong?
And if you stick predestination in there somewhere,
Is it pointless to try because we're all predestined?

This was supposed to lead up to me breaking a mirror, and wondering about the bad luck.

and pasting-in an example of a kid with bad luck predestined to die.
Is he an example we can learn from, or is it some horrible fluke?

Or maybe the press got it wrong?

Burning eggs doesn't burn your house.
Burning your house doesn't mean you're doomed?
But it happened, or they *say* it did (I'm losing my ROTD)
The biggie revelation for me, today is, nihilism isn't necessarily bad, it's more of a pointless thing.

https://kayson.medium.com/what-is-it-like-to-be-an-existential-nihilist-b65cb4c0007
I don't care to (don't have to) read the article.

Google's blowhard definition of a nihilist is one who rejects religion and morality.

Uh, *MY* definition for years was in the little comic.

Be moral, be nice, do unto others, because we're all fucked so have fun waiting for the end.

There's different schools of nihilism, I'll wager.
Become a better person, be all you can be, live for your self and for others, because this is all we have, and it'll end soon.

https://www.wideopencountry.com/you-are-my-sunshine/

It's not blogworthy, the thoughts about a song, since none of the thoughts are technically true.

For example, it wasn't written by Stephen Foster in a bout of severe depression, because his Clementine had died of some lingering scarlet disease.

The rhythm of the song goes with a showman on a guitar anyway.

The bluegrass-boys, all strummin up a storm and singing about someone who died of interminable cancer.

It's not in the theme of this entry.
 or maybe it is, lots of songs talk about the inevitability of loss

Like most good stuff it gets politicized, and turned into a campaign song or a state song.
I've severely depressed myself, I'm off to play a pointless game that ends frequently (because I run out of stuff to do.)
"What's *He* doing here?"
Nothing, just passing through

I bought another game (ahem) "Hope Springs eternal" which should brighten my outlook and make my blogs more interesting.

They've decided to give me two biggie games, "Inquisition" and another biggie game that has a familiar sounding name ("Mass-effect-andromeda,") and "Inquisition" has pretty women and lots of dialogue. I *think* I just kill monsters and stare at the pretty. I have not tried the andromeda game yet, they look like totally different games.

It's almost cartoony, reminding me of early 2000's games, but it kills time nicely, except I'm ill today and cannot play much.

No comments: