-->

Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Tba

 Zeno's paradoxes.
Aristotle.
Archimedes (an infinite series can have a finite answer


Hydromorphone teased by mean nurses.
Dilaudid
Takes so long to get here, most of the train is gone.
Dilaudid helps you make the effort to sit uncomfortably and pass something.
You can get real close but never get there, eventually giving up. "Paid in time, pain, sweat, only farted."
Part of some modern nurses-school must be about acting.
They put on a little production every time they check glucose levels, or when they're (apparently) bored and have nothing else to do except make sure you stay awake.
Now that I'm home (yay!) there's this silent production Dexcom does to mount a sensor and a transmitter.
predict that in a couple years, Nurses'll mount their *own* sensors and transmitters; less production, more efficiency, and all's you have to do is remember you're *wearing* one before the MRI starts, but maybe (also in a few years) they'll have MRI-safe sensors.
I will seriously make my system go "Whut?" when I add three times more insulin to my meds than the hospitals do; they add a wimpy amount; I prolly add too much.
Somewhere in between would be nice.

I read somewhere about "Diabetic ketoacidosis" which *might* explain my sudden weight-loss after an operation in the past, and why my gut is still there after *this* one.
In other words, my thinking about getting an operation to lose weight must have been totally wrong, and a well-maintained diabetic wouldn't really notice.
That does not explain why they use so little insulin, and keep my levels right around "200," but...maybe that's a way different subject.







The more pressing question on my mind right now is why they go on about antibiotics being bad for immunity, since germs adjust and grow stronger.

"we *know* "vancomycin," but we don't know You," the now-demonized germs say to some innocent do-gooder of an antibiotic I might get in the future.
The power of antibiotics Compels you!! Won't work, maybe.
And didn't they just tell me that when they stuck my blood in a lab, hoping it would be fruitful and multiply, they were stymied when the blood came back "negative" for everything???
So WHY did I receive tons of antibiotics, zillions of soldiers in gallons of liquid, pumped into my veins?? Everyday, ALL day???
I'm following their logic, that isolating me from the general populace, wearing antigerm tech (robes, gloves and masks,) was all "Just in case"...but... what was that you were saying about antibiotic overuse being bad?
(And bad for kidneys?)
(Acts 19:14-15)


Explaining to me like I was a kid on some PBS-show, They say that horrifying sores (on my arms, neck or back) are highly unlikely, because they live close to town and toes and feet are way out in the sticks, the boonies.



I don't write badly, I write as well as the above (which is pretty damn bad)


Let me take a stab at rephrasing (OK?) not just give up the whole intro of a technical article as useless noise.
29 million diabetics 72000 amputees had their limbs amputated due to diabetes. Because their limbs were infected and dying. (ok, not much better)

A n y w a y,
uh,
Can a person choose their height after having limbs amputated, because they'd like better balance?
The article continues the intro with heart disease, another reason to blame diabetes and a reason they keep sticking meds no one actually ordered, on my list.
A blood pressure med, sure.
Blood thinner med, why not.

Meds have their own dangerous side effects, and unless someone monitors them, they'll see you at your next cataclysmic disaster (and add another med) Or,
you could find god,
write a book about how dumping your meds freed you (from the tyranny of side effects,)
Make a few thousand, buy a better wheelchair and a nicer apartment, get some money to pay for teeth, and possibly join a support group or have actual friends.
-------
People who don't know the answer to the variable height question and a few who do know:

which appears (except for one excellent post) to be for vanity reasons.
But one post talks about people they've read about who have "stubby" prosthetics.
I'd like to add somewhere....that I resent prosthetic manufacturers hungrily listening to your medical reports, cold-calling you to say that they've been authorized to make a prosthetic for you and what would be the best time to hit you up?
And refusing, they phrase your refusal as AMA (against medical advice) "So you're saying you DON'T want our help??"
**^%$ no! Not you anyway, and your hard-sell tactics.
But I know there are several types of prosthetics, those (generally speaking) for people with money, those without money but with state-aid, and those with medicare.
*I* (buffing my nails) have no money but I do have medicare-insurance, uh, hmm.
No maybe I'm on the lowest rung of prosthetic device recipients....no nerve-controlled motors nor springs.
Plus, I would not know if limbs are about to have a breakthrough or if they will use the same old stuff until 2055.
That paragraph sort of petered out into a useless mumbling rant, but I know the realities of a person in my situation, not the fantasies that Youtube can concoct.
I need prosthetic teeth today, not useless ill-fitting prosthetics.
and





















front-page-News commentary...
This is not my purview, but neither is it front-page-worthy.
(link)
I can see it all now, a dog-tired mon-wed worker is called in the next day (Thursday) to work someone else's shift.
Or is that how it works anyway? you either get a super-long weekend or work through an extended week, twice a month.
Chick fil A gets on the front page usually for being so retrograde-conservative, so anything they do makes headlines. Approbating ones.
A marketing PR release promoted to world war and mayhem status, because they rate.

No comments: