-->

Wednesday, December 14, 2022

3dmark speedway two thousand

I had all this stuff to say but what's the point, *I* know it's true.
My slow-assed video card was beginning to run benchmarks at a fairly decent speed, and they needed to slow it down, punify it, so you'd be pinched in the bum to buy a new one. 
$1500 or so later, Now what?

Anyway, that was the gist.



Loss of granularity with very low results. xxx123 shows minor tweaks better.
(also, a ROTD, 
can you point to a directx-12 and/or a raytrace?
"See how much better, it's a Raytrace(tm)!!"
I'm still looking for what it is, some sort of lighting trick maybe, IDK.)
------------
The next section is in sentence fragments and needs pictures I don't have.
The typical USB C cable you'd buy for an xbox-controller sticks out and faces forward of the player. 


Fine until the controller is dropped.
Buy a right-angle cable? One that looks like the letter L?


it covers up one of the buttons, gets bent a lot, and is destroyed eventually.
Buy a right-angle adapter, one that points *down*???


The number of connections in adapters, makes them electrically unreliable but I'll try them.
WHY don't they make cables that point down?

(link)
IDK. Everyone wants them to point to the side, except me.

A thermostat that works reliably for at least a few weeks out of a year...
The prices are insane, literally.
200 or 30, what is your burning-pocket-money desire? NVM it's an expression.

millivolt-thingy, heater-only.
That "Non programmable" one seems nice, what's the catch??
Oshit...
*Wiring Port*?
OMG
My thermostat is two wires you stick together to get something to wake up.
That might need replacing, IDK (IOW, it isn't the dead-simple thermostat at all)
I do this every year and forget about it every year.

No comments: