-->

Thursday, December 29, 2022

expensive stuff

 Lemon-juice, vinegar and salt clean my coffee pot, but not as well as CLR.
There are a few reasons to ask, "Why?" but mostly because the tiny town in which I live has none close by (I am sure a short drive to *somewhere* would get you some)



(I'm impatient and don't want to wait hours; but I suppose vinegar-etc would eventually work as well)

Gluconic acid.
So, what has "Gluconic Acid"?
TBA


You could prolly mix a concoction of Lysol and Drano, but my coffee pot is for edibles.
Some bright bulb ran out of dishwashing liquid and decided to use Lysol disinfectant instead. Even rinsing couldn't keep people from getting sick.

So OK, (&^%$) one more thing to add to the expensive shopping list.

notes:

White vinegar from some store has mostly water and 4% vinegar (The cheap brand) or 5% (a store or a name brand.)
Heating vinegar is pointless, people say, it doesn't get stronger, just smells.

Wine might be better but how does a person make wine all vinegary and full of acid?

Two weeks (Two months) assuming the roaches don't find it...The maid doesn't dump it; visitors get convinced you're a wino.
The time plus the coffee cups would make the coffeepot suffer.


Rice has acid, but do you cook it, leave it in (raw) with vinegar/wine,???

It gets complicated. Plus it costs more than CLR.
"phytic Acid Cures Cancer" they're almost saying.
Maybe they needed more money.




I wouldn't know.

I DO know people are very interested in making homemade vinegar, not necessarily DIY-CLR

Nearly clean, (IDK)
BTW that black table the pot is sitting on is my PC





The Decom G6 was designed o-so-carefully, to maximize profit.
You can't turn it off or extend the life of the battery.
If this applies to the transmitter also, I do not know.
I feel deep down that turning off the transmitter is possible, just not very obvious.

Amazon totally pisses people off, politicians etc, because it does so well and has lower prices.
My supermarket sells "Lysol" spray for $10.xx for one can, absolutely insane, and the reason prolly is, covid, china, the trucks, etc 
Leave Amazon alone (unless they try to run for president or whatever)

Bug spray, $6.xx, amazon, $4.xx (I don't have a long list to refer to)
Someone in grade school taught us economics for an hour, that (e.g., banks) kill all the competition and then raise prices without fear.
But as long as they're still "Shaking the tree" to let the competition fall off, Uhm,
shouldn't we take advantage? 
And when they start raising prices, delivering cars to mars, I'll join the Walmart club.
(Someone reminded me of the 0.99 cent store where spray disinfectant costs 1.29,
and if I could trust them (and fit into the store) ...well anyway it's also a thought.)
"CLS and Lusol"




No comments: