-->

Friday, December 9, 2022

geth roots (free the slaves)

Computer simulation in-game: 

secret sidewalk that only appears after you've done certain things, movies to fill in a story ("free the slaves") 

Apparently a robot was too close to someone who was killed, so they lynched him. Fragments as seen through later generations of robots.

Here's my thing...Free the robots, let them live, and the game goes batshit crazy, people shoot themselves out of hopelessness.

Follow instead the dictates of the game (all robots must be destroyed) and let them die. 

Kill the nice spider (different section)

Do what the writer says or lose (You lose anyway, but whatever)

Matrix-ending, all is fine until more robots get built, repeat.

The writer BTW used "robots" to build the damn game, but maybe they were pissed at windows when they invented the concept, or a Roomba went rogue.

(Free the roombas!)

Mind-control, only the elite have it, lording it over you (Yew are sooo inferior)

Order must be maintained, chaos is forbidden, hope is irrelevant.

(Game-god is a real asshole)

non-sequitur pic I can't ignore (IOW where is Captain Kirk when you need him, why are lines of dialogue disabled for lesser human players:



Fun fiction if you can stand the bombasticity.

I'm always amazed how much work goes into extracurricular fiction.

In other words (extracurricular? IDK) details that were never in the actual story are expanded upon like some college-level doctoral thesis.
I wonder if these people applied their knowledge for actual things, if anything would get better.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unicorn

If enough people say and believe it, does that make it so?

Honest-to-goodness rape vs (say) Rhett Butler in "Gone with the wind" are indistinguishable today (the movie was 1939 or so and the book prolly before that.)
I'm...conflicted.

(Link)

The obscure reference to fiction above is a perfect example (or not, NVM)

whut/ble? 

I swear I feel like spongebob's friend Patrick (the starfish living under a rock)


Who the hell is "Harbinger"?
I played the three games....
He's important but I slept through that chapter


I lack words to voice my opinion. But there are earth-shaking fantasies and legends to pass the time until we all die.

Religion comes to mind.

OTOH atom smashers costing Billlllions, fusion projects that haven't got a chance in hell of ever working except in Labs (linky-link), Scientific discoveries that rival common sense...Like I said, I lack words.

A link that I glanced at to give my words more gravitas...I'm still looking for a better link

Nearly a trillion later, we can send cars to Mars and predict that other planets have water somewhere at some time


Time-killers all.

(link)
You are beneath us; You will be ignored.


I've been told in no uncertain terms that I bombast occasionally, 
("if he cut it down it would be good")
so never fucking mind, onto the next game.

PS ("dear video-game writer") 
Pathos and scariness are fine for people first playing games (badly), but replaying that game repeatedly just enhances the tedium.
There is no hope, everyone dies, move on.


My thoughts on games long dead, are (um) ...
why aren't I writing about Red-dead-redemption-II..
it costs too much.
Well....
OK my controlled-mind submits to your sale price, they made a video 
of how many RDR2 game editions there are, 
but I bought the cheapest one at $20.
Which prolly means (not sure) I have to buy items later, like a horse and a gun.
Insert line here about irrelevance and assimilation
I only do "60" anyway
IDK, is this OK?

The benchmark-demo says I'm a murdering robber.
I hate westerns.
Maybe I meet a woman and get converted.


No comments: