-->

Friday, December 2, 2022

Jitter etc, part II

In the past entries I've said that 3DMark-Timespy was slow in certain versions of windows, nothing to be done about it, and recently my "Jitter" (Latency?) seems high, and I got to thinking that maybe it's one of those settings a person never worries about, like buffering or background operations.
Here's a concrete example of how Windows can screw-up something that normally works fine.

It's *supposed* to let me play a Freecell game and add on a few extra bonus points,
Not use 2^32 points and crash if you try to "play"

I'm going on the theory that *you* have no problems and Freecell works fine,
and ignore your rote advice to reinstall.
(Step on a crack, break your mom's back, when windows fucks up, reinstall)

But asking brick walls for answers kind of defeats the purpose of "Microsoft answers"

---------
Bloggy-type event:
My stitches are red, mostly in exactly one spot of the incision.
"Doxycycline" is warranted, prescribed.
"Doxycycline"-what? "Hyclate".
Doxycycline-Hyclate-what??
I'm, uhm, thinking that odd dosages are discouraged.
I'll know more in a day or so.

My attending physician (the one with the antibiotic) gave me freebie protein-shakes, the kind with whey.
F*ck that, I chose a bigger bottle of a non-dairy brand from Amazon.
I only know it's 12 bottles for $25. All the Vegan part, and the brand, I forgot.
(total guessing) Arugula, coconut, cauliflower and spinach? (ocrap)


I'll write more about them when they get here.







Of the big-ass brands (Ensure, Nestle, etc.) none qualify as stomach friendly,
They use soy for texture or whey for taste...
I'm guessing this stuff tastes awful but it's not for my enjoyment, medicine never is.
But I'll write TBA.
"Lactaid"-brand would'a been nice.
*This* bombastic site, written by legal experts apparently, claims whey *might* be OK, they aren't sure.
Do you feel Lucky?
https://www.gainful.com/blog/whey-protein-and-lactose-intolerance/

And it's a warning on the ingredient-label of "Boost Breeze." 
It's OK, unless it isn't (and they warned you)



Trust Monica, she knows.
"Whey Protein Institute," hmm
Is that like the EVOO council or the dairy council?



This next subject is a little obscure.
A bank I owe money to only accepts checking account numbers for payment, not checks nor credit-cards.
Meaning, tight situations where they need your money NOW are not tolerated.





No comments: