-->

Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Randomness (I'm allowed)

 Reconstruction era

2023-150 (right?)


This train of thought is supported by the highway, "Bellum" in Elden Ring.

pedantic paragraph missing ("anteBellum," etc)

De Santis, Reconstructionist or more "Ante Bellum"?

New era is right.

But I have some of the terminology wrong, I think.

Reconstructionism morphs into reconstructivism, and the soured philosophy (says a book) that inequality problems could be solved by education (not psychology).

o...k. Big-assed subject I know little about.



Yeahbutt (wtf wrote this?)

"radical Republicans"
Poor guy had no chance against radical republicans
https://www.whitehouse.gov/about-the-white-house/presidents/andrew-johnson/




--------

Being as how this little entry *started* because of Elden Ring, And now that I've played forever (10+ times) I feel worthy to blog my progress.
This last playthrough, Ranni-the-witch shows up in a cave I had to cheat to get to (on the side of a sheer cliff) and after some vague stuff (A wounded/dead girl sits on a chair, and I'm prompted to "put on the ring")
Fake dead girl? What "ring"?






And some words, I *think* I was given a fancy sword.
But Ranni never shows up at her house anymore; her chair is occupied by books covered by a blanket. 


I cannot get her special knife (that she never mentions) without her approval, because the chest holding the knife will never open. And Now that this girl is in a cave, should I pass her by and go see Ranni instead? Very confusing.
Cursed to fail this playthrough.
One more reason to espouse suicide.






Blaidd's briefly at a castle ("what a sick fight") but flies off after that.
I never could find the cliff cave again, and Nokron/Siofra (Ranni's/Blaidd's supposed quests) are pretty empty, as well as "Ranni's rise." 
See above picture: I'm in the basement of a cathedral I can't get to without cheating. If that helps (IDK.) I'm mixing in two separate (pointless) playthroughs...

I can't tell the *name* of the cathedral, but I'll edit it in later.
Iji (the giant blacksmith) also has vague things to say and he's around, to no purpose.
I'm ten seconds away from completing this game and starting another.
Melina is the only reliable 100% repeatable quest, and all other main questlines elude me.
Kill radahn, Godfrey and Ranni(?) climb the mountain, kill Godfrey again (or something), end.
It's like listening to a song you don't really care for, over and over.
Minor quests: The guys who live in holes with worms on top, The sick girl, The doomed blind girl, uh.....I feel stewpid for missing out on the other quests after all these playthroughs.

Sellen taught me a couple spells...and that's it.


before you defeat radahn you must reach altus plateau
before you reach altus plateau you must retrieve the medallions
Before you retrieve the medallions you need to find the forts.
Before you can find the forts you must retrieve the maps
(What did I miss?)
The so-called Fingerslayer blade, which no one told you to get, under a place no one told you to go.
It's like, someone sending you to "Costco" to buy the "Thing".
Well, I have the inverted statue now, dammit, but I can't remember why I wanted it!!
Something about a quest...


Less than halfway through this video (any video) the quests DIE instead of doing what they say:
Fia kills 'D', says goodbye, end.
Ranni Gives the inverted statue thing, also says "goodbye".
So what gives, Do I *offend*? 
PS (ranty-ranty) This game thinks giving armor or a fancy sword is the highest honor....
I've got shitloads of stuff I can't use, ashes, medallions, freakin weapons, useless armor...
Lotsa weird food.
Big whoop


How about a charm (so not my cheat) that accords respect among the monsters, who cower in fear at your almighty presence...

Some quests are so hard it's easy to think that the next playthrough, I'll ignore them.
I'm supposed to go "Multiplayer", but I'd have to start a lily-white, very naive, nearly naked character for that. Beeesides, I'm not interested in meeting midget megalomaniacs who'll call mom if I appear too powerful.


No comments: