-->

Tuesday, February 14, 2023

procrastinating (becuz, "Secret sidewalk")

 All games I've played lately:

You're a bum, an orphan, and everywhere you want to go is too high/too low/blocked by mountains, and someone is trying to kill you.

You ignore the beautiful sunsets, the amber waves of grain, to kill them back and overcome the secret sidewalk.

But they're getting better at their game, inserting puzzles and little games for you to conquer.
Your reward is bigger weapons, better clothes.

This whole Harry-Potter thing is either marketing or the competition's rants (I don't care right now)

A biggie example of the negative hype:

(link)

They got their free game, They got paid for the review, They're being politically correct, And I predict a long life for the author.

IDK (lousy games say "Mixed")
Paid professionals hate it, usually a good sign.
OTOH....???


I'm procrastinating, beeeeecause, I don't want to face the bombastic that is my rerun of a game beeeecause, I can't afford Potter.
But maybe with more negative reviews, it'll be $20 soon.

(3000-word essay condensed)
We get it, you don't like it.
But I'm pontificating (It's a thing) That the game isn't a mirror image of the book, or anything like the movie.
It's boilerplate secret sidewalks (beeecause it's a freaking game)

I want a mod that:

Turns [wands] into a 45 magnum that kills everything everywhere instantly, and
a [cloak] that renders player invulnerable.
Flying is for birds.

(link)

Yay! (o crap, read the below)


Things to buy instead of a game:

On Feb 14 too, how apropos

A BP meter that fits (the cuff fits) that is accurate.

Ya know, *none* of them will tell you if it's accurate or not, They might throw in a disclaimer or two.

But a review site said, "Omron Platinum" was the most accurate.

Not wanting to fart around, I finally chose "Omron Complete" which promises many entertaining hours of listening enjoyment.
I'd prolly die before I learned all the features....
OTOH it's more money than I have.

So basically, live like a monk (an ignorant one,) or buy the most expensive one.
I looked for the original prices (mostly for the BP5450) and was hoping for the "41% off" like on cheaper meters, but never found it. It's expensive.

oooooooo, "power supply"
oooo, "printed manual" (feh)
(Happy meal (Lol)


Platinum vs complete.


Do all nurses look alike to you? Does that person coming in at 3:00 AM to take blood pressure on a gargantuan machine on wheels, really need the job or is she actually performing a valuable service... All nurses look alike to me. They come in and measure at 4-hour intervals (sometimes they don't.)
One is prolly the head of all nurses, the other is an intern. IDK.
I *do* know that my blood pressure was high, or it wasn't, and if I wasn't happy with the reading, I'd have another taken, which was lower.
(Wtf??!!!) 
So my outlook for these dinky meters isn't good.
But I would not want to endure the snotty (grrr) cardiologist, the one who says they'd rather not speak directly to patients, and (I'm guessing) especially patients with a shitload of arcane numbers.... 


Well *anyway* I'm picking the one I wouldn't need to take out a loan for, but it's nice having justifications.
Hot=treat you like snot... the hotter, the snottier... Feb 14 bah humbug







No comments: