-->

Thursday, March 23, 2023

show-off words

 

link/Credit




OK this isn't easy to start without alerting the "Gloss!! Gloss!!" in your brain....

Theocracy, the belief that a very few or one religion should be the norm in society, all others are not welcome.

Fine (o, sit down, stop crapping your pants)

Antidisestablishmentarian, the(let's break it down) mentality that a church/religion (specifically, the church of England) should (here's where it gets a little vague) not be dissolved, but supported by the (British) government.

But pretentious people everywhere see their wet dream, their mount-everest, cry "Carpe-Verbum!" and use it in ways the church of England never intended.

(*whew*)

https://www.wordnik.com/words/antidisestablishmentarian










Necro-edit:
"who" vs "whom"
As in, "can't really say whom" where the words are tantalizingly left out, left for you to fill in. 
*I* think it's "Can't say who", I'm wrong, fuck you.
exhumation (worse than necro):
Most of this next sentence is pointless but fun to write down.
It behooves me to be adept enough to put "behest" in a sentence.

I need to look up "literary" in their context (it would behoove me) but I am of the opinion that it would dress up a book, not an actual conversation (unless we're talking about legal folderol)
Another useless but more topical word is "aegis."
Words get co-opted over the years and aegis prolly has more meaning in some circles. In other words, it's a subtextual word that has little to do with the raw definition.
(maybe.)


bombastic treatises on voltages for my computer and specifically for my CPU,
might or might not be right.
A few disgruntled mumblings:
The requested voltages and the actual voltages seem to be off from each other, by hopefully insignificant amounts.
You could always second-guess BIOS and set a desired voltage too low (too high?)
to compensate.


My latest foray into the bizarre and arcane:
My BIOS lists chipset CLDO SOC and NB SOC CLDO, um, and it's an offset (for the NB)
and (I swear) the PC is slower now, by just a bit, after lowering the NB SOC by a few millivolts. 1.094 to 1.056 (they say it's supposed to be 1.050)
I'll be back

The ideal thing to do would be to change it back to "Auto"
and edit this again.
We'll see
The horrifying truth is, it went *even slower* so nevermind.

I've been forgetting to benchmark at 1440p (instead of 2160p)
because, the single benchmark I use likes it that way, for years.
So fucket, this mediocre result (below) beats all the others I've run tonight (It sucks lots less, hahah)

I never answered all my questions about northbridge SOC, and now it's technically too low (1.044 vs 1.050) but no one cares.
The ccd's housing the CCX's housing the cores, *Could* request their own ideal voltages (ya'd think) but no, *I* have to read this arcane bombastic bullshit.

This next slightly meaningless screen-snip shows that the system is taking my settings as "suggestions" only.






No comments: