-->

Sunday, March 19, 2023

Time

 This isn't a blog yet. 
It hasn't answered the question of whether time seems to go faster as winter approaches spring, then slows to normal after Easter. (The exact dates aren't clear)

Or, according to bombastic blowhards everywhere, Time is the same all year 'round.
There's this little kid in a picture story book watching a clock, while his brother helps their mom cook and do chores.
The kid watching the clock thinks time is slower than the guy running around.
(Hey, *I* didn't write the book)

So far google has been evasive and suggests that time goes faster as you age:

https://www.google.com/search?q=time+seems+faster+beginning+year&oq=time+seems+faster+beginning+year

Google seems determined to be noncommittal... after aging comes the subject of daylight-savings time. "Only"-time vs "already"-time, but that wears off in a week.

No, I doubt I'll find it written anywhere, although it is, *somewhere*, 

I just don't have the time to look.

"Change in speed" too simple.
"Change in velocity" deprecated, not clubby enough for snobs.
"Delta V" Now there ya go, totally fucking vague to the uninitiated, comes with many letters in an equation you wouldn't know in a zillion years unless you watch this video (One comment plus an answer equals two comments)


So *time* is inversely proportional to the amount of work or delta work.

(Fucket, I can slather on bullshit if I want)
And the video guy has way too much time.

----

Slough off your old ways, shed your bad habits.

It was a waking thought, how many redundant words the english language holds.

Futon: a funny-looking chair/couch (wait, I'll double check) oh, a *foldable* couch you can sleep in.

FUTA is a tranny (I think).
Anyway I'm with the terminology so far...

"FEV" is either an electric vehicle of some sort, or a tranny-with-bling, or a trademark I have not encountered yet, until tonight.
Yes, apparently, I'm already supposed to know what it means, and exposing my ignorance is embarrassing.


vote...wut?
(*Googles furiously*)
Dinky bowl of tatsu, hmm
Ha, yew don't know either.


If there's a restaurant with Tatsu as a name, do you suppose they don't have chairs?
"Stand to eat"? Total &^%$ guess.
It's a... rollercoaster!!
It's a... Karate move in some game!!
It's... 
"Bento" box, OMG.

Well anyway, uh, Tatsu (vaguely) means Japanese-style, at least to me.


I'm defining the word "Stark" but I'm having a little trouble.
"stark reality" so, very obvious, in your face, reality.
Like when you've just been fired after having a pleasant day.
"stark" colors.
Stark is a depressing word, unless it's your last name ("Derek Stark") then it's imposing and masculine.
(IDK)

Jamie Farr's nose (Richard Gere's nose)...is that the wrong use of "stark"?



No comments: