-->

Wednesday, April 12, 2023

My aunt

 We lived in a one-room schoolhouse until the Germans came to take us away....
Skipping....
"Mono" I'm pretty sure is the name you'd give a plastic Figurine, like GI Joe.
Maybe not, but that is what I heard my aunt say.
Biggie boring time in-game,
a good opportunity to look up the spanish word "Mono"
(moe-noe)
or is it (moh-noh" whatever)
Cruel 'parent' liked to kipe Christmas presents sent by nicer relatives.
She'd have some self-righteous reason but I'm sure she sent them to her kid, the one her husband gained custody of.
GI-Joes were gay, dolls are for girls, yada etc.
Tin Horn? Too noisy.
I'm especially remembering one Christmas day, the others have been blocked out.
Anyway,
So I look up "Mono" and guess what, it means twenty things.
If you're Cruella or snow-white, two different meanings, right?
Give the kids a dog, sell the dog (because it's profitable.)
And you wonder why people go postal.
I halfway finished my story, which I'll crowd into a sentence.
The aunt being horrified anyone anywhere would take anything from an impressionable kid (to sell on Ebay or Poshmark,)
She came up with a cheap replacement for GI Joe, an Indian.
No, not ghandi, but a woo-woo indian.
I felt guilty not playing with it (what the hell was it for unless you bought a lady indian and a teepee??)
So I did, but it brought back bad memories my mind was trying to suppress.
This guy never had to sell chocolate bars door-to-door,
and his kids prolly got presents.

"Once I was young and now I am old" and I still remember that fateful christmas.
We had macho toys, none of your pony shit, however you wanna couch it in mystic symbolism.
There's this guy in a forum who reminds me of the lady on SNL going "lalalalalalala," who posts a biggie picture of a rainbow pony, when he disagrees (unless it's a code)
I knew nice people, I *know* nice people, it's just, they seem to be an endangered species.

No comments: