-->

Friday, April 21, 2023

tedious and boring


Best ending so far, 
My mission (should I decide to accept it)
is,
Prolong this game


 


So you're in a bad neighborhood trying horribly hard not to get killed, trying to drive a car with a teeny joystick, and waiting for that all-important phone call, before you get too sick to go on, and die.

Realistic, but is it a game?

I'm doing the most piddly things (eating too much, watching old TV from the dead)

(Reading boring forums)

*Anything* except playing this damned game.

Thrills and chills: nearly kill myself with a joystick-controlled chair fighting the death-claws of gravity and cliff-sized curbs.

There are no do-overs, "Game over" if I fall, and I don't pretend to be as good as you (on youtube, launching yourself)
Yay, you broke a leg but you have many viewers!!

(%^$#)


This next bit is a rant not belonging to anything.
OK you know about "raw Sugar", right?
Raw is a cousin of "organic" which is related to "Virgin." Recently you can add "Free range".
You can find a whole crapload of paid writers blathering on about the prices of eggs.

So (OK) raw free range olives and their product, virgin oil.
Olives aren't edible raw (I've been told). I think they pickle them first.





No idea about the virgins,
but the oil is not heated nor purified (I think).
The pattern (the point of this rant) is, the less you do, the more you get paid.

The implication (if you pore over sales pitches) is, some olives are so perfect they need no refining, picked by hand lovingly by Juan Valdez Who only picks the sun-kissed ones at the top of the trees, then are gently squeezed at the height of freshness and the oil sold by the ounce.
The hoi-polloi olives need to be pasteurized, filtered, homogenized, or they'd betray their origin (really bad neighborhoods on the bottoms of trees.)
OK that's my impression, what do you think?
And if you can afford to travel to Sicily, 

sucking on your fingers at a cafe and saying "olio d'oliva," you deserve overpriced virgin oil...everyone else wastes their money.


If (I say if) you were hosting a party with real-estate and Amway salespeople,
Crystal Cruits with Decorative Oil and maybe Pink Sea salt (and a free-range egg carton)
Might be appropriate.
IDK, I don't hang around salespeople. Hide your leather.
*cooking* the free-range egg using the oil and the sea salt is wasteful.

A really quickie note:

"Des" after your name (last-name, first-name, "Des" but how would I google that?
Whoever wrote that knows how to be inscrutable
So MAYBE (maybe) 
"what des your name," 
or just "what des"
and the answer would be "name-des"


what "kuso" 糞,くそ

"no" as we all know, is "of."
The rest is opaque to me.
"what is your handle?"
"what should I call you?"
We have variations too. But theirs way tops ours 
(look up "how to drink tea in Japan")
Green tea, leave the sugar-bottle please.


BTW "nan des ka" Or maybe "ko nan des ka"
(the only misheard phrase from a song I knew a century ago)
might mean "wtf?" but I seriously wouldn't know.
It might be a great time to go look?
don't wait up.
"Kore wa nan desu ka?"


No comments: