-->

Sunday, June 18, 2023

Jiggling the handle

 Midnight or thereabouts, 
videocard driver was automatically replaced.
Thought I should stick the one from AMD  back in, and tweak some voltages.
WHAT are the voltages now? (today, right this second?)
CPU_SOC is on override to be right around 1.020
VDDG-IOD is 0.970
VDDG-CCD is 0.930
The chipset SOC is around "1.0"
Chipset CLDO (which no one really knows what it is) defaults to "1.2"
But I'm totally guessing that's too high, so I lower it a bit. 
Someone said it's sort of volt-dropout insurance, or a type of Pullup, but it's getting time for vampires to find their beds, and I don't really want to look (there's an additional voltage the DDR4 spec added, not sure if this is the one or not)
3dmark (so far) has been running slow, 
but now with these precise changes, we'll see.
Someone can't sleep, and when they pace, my TV goes all to shit.
I'm prolly being bombarded with radio waves I know nothing about...
No, still slow. ("slow" is relative)
20k is absolutely ideal, 19.5k is acceptable, *my* score is feeling poorly.
I'll jiggle "VDDP" but I'm not hopeful.
Feeling poorly (not sure why)
Experts disagree on how ddr4 actually works (see the dam picture)
2.5 v Auxiliary supply (whut?)


Whatever I add would be bombastic and wrong. If I had a rant it would be that 
no one can agree on names, 
so it's hard to get exact settings.
Settings that don't count sticking a fire up the DIMM's ass.

Total buttmunches "VDD" vs "VPP"
Wordline Boost=VPP (apparently)
Because it , uh, (What are the two P's?)

Fucket, BIOS does not even have a wordline-boost option.
No, the "Chipset CLDO" that defaults to 1.2, is, something else entirely.

Jiggle it long enough, something's bound to happen

----
Greedy notes
Or maybe it's avaricious notes:
5800x3d vs 5950x, using timespy as a reference.
OK, nothing to see here, move along (TBA)
Imagine maybe a guy with an enormous muscular left-arm, and an ordinary right arm. 5950x is way more balanced, but it's staid and for medicare-commercial watchers.
5800x3d is a stab at trendy, except "trendy" up and left long ago for more 79xx pastures.
IN other words, if you wanna stop watching the travel/game-show-channel, you'd really need
  • a new motherboard
  • New Memory
  • (And of course) a new CPU
And for that much of a changeover you'd have to be nuts not to just get INTEL, AMD shot themselves in the crotch on this one. But I'm not qualified to make such a statement....
I will have to psych myself up and seriously watch trends:
Will 5950x's be gone by november, will 5800x3d's be the only ones left??
Or will there be one more 
(or is this hopefulling-in-the-wind
version of the 5000 series, the 5950x3d??
BIOS's everywhere would totally freak.
No, I guess I'll eat my 5950X tapioca and watch "Match Game (1974)"

(Link)


No comments: