-->

Wednesday, June 7, 2023

subtext

 I'm too sleepy for an intro.
Let's just start by saying I had to wake up,
and remember only that a nearly invisible cat was in a tree.

https://www.gutenberg.org/files/11/11-h/11-h.htm

distinctive and mischievous...
Where does it say "Mischievous"?

People read shit into stuff, so whatever the author meant by it, people have dissected his tome with a fine-toothed comb.

skipping a couple pages:

There's supposedly a third piece I did not quote, about how the cat appears and disappears.
But it's nice knowing the context of when exactly we (the world) found out about Cheshire cats.
------------
I'd be way more impressed if he didn't sell busted-car insurance

-----
Heatant:
I swear there's a very similar Navy term.
Kinda like "Coolant" but clubbier.
Googling this word instantly brings up "Borderlands 3" and "Joke"
But I still wonder.
Why did we choose "Exit" for the fire-signs, not "Egress" or just "Out"?
There's a zillion mostly unused words in english, and (I'm told) zillions of unused characters in chinese (or is it a zillion chinese *words*, I can't remember).
电视
More to the point, I'll bet there's Heatant somewhere, instead of "Hot"
----------
There's an anti-cheating clause in medicare contracts, such that to be paid for treating a patient, one must actually *see* the patient, so they get their $120 fee or whatever.
But Medicare has changed tons, they get lump-sums now, to do with what they will (add dental cleanings or eye exams.)
Plus, they have meters that can log into computers that the doctor can look at.
BP and blood sugar aren't really things they need to personally check anymore...but they do, for that fee, and because it's tradition. (I think)
The follow-up appointment.
The appointment to get an appointment (aka, a referral.)
They're rich enough, but they wanna keep it that way.
I might get hit by a car, fall over and break my head, or get higher BP trying to fill their fake requirements.
That's the thing about HMO's...I suppose with decent insurance, you can go when you want, and choose doctors that actually have a reason to see you.
I'll get pneumonia anyway, or whatever disease...they aren't any help.


No comments: