-->

Sunday, September 3, 2023

Slumming

There's a reason $16 dollar games cost $16.

O well, it's as good as "Dark souls" or maybe "Elden ring", thin plot, endless wandering, wtf are we here to do, etc.

Looking plain and unemotional.

Hell, it's a game, it's seemingly endless, so it's trendy as hell.

(I hate trendy)


My bad, I skipped the captain's windbaggy speech.
We're explorers, yes we are.
Dead long gone aliens reach into my mind and reveal something I've yet to figure out (prolly some eveil dude I have to kill)
Imitation=flattery I know, but I didn't really enjoy the originals.
It's one big-ass puzzle I'll prolly have to get off my butt to google.
But for now I'm exploring the worm-infested swamp.
I need to take a shower.
Maybe clean a floor.
I don't know, maybe death will knock on the door.

I don't know the author, I forgot to look, but at least one person on the team 
(in  my head
does not respond well to criticism 
(the protagonist looks like a robot, this is sooo boring
she's striking a blow for femaledom everywhere and I'm just too stewpid to play.
(*sigh*) 
She took a class in game writing.
She followed the game-engine manual.
So wtf is *my* problem?
Tew stewpid.
Has a puzzle solution for a puzzle.
Now I am sure (ok I'm assuming) you have seen 1500-piece puzzles in stores, but who cares? Unless (no nevermind) Homebound, etc.
Well they have a puzzle so arcane no one would care, unless someone does care (prolly getting paid) and writes a webpage. 
1500 piece puzzles are easy, this (for first time players) is impossible, 
too many variables involved, 
like which elevators to pick, 
and do they go up or down.
No, the writer is relying on some googled site for users to solve.
But I'm nearly positive there was an easier way, like maybe hoarding power sources from earlier??
So the theme for current games seems to be, endless misery in a post-apocalyptic place, with no directions, unless you google everything.
Bye-bye immersion, heroics, you're a google stooge.
My game just ended. The custodian did it.
Yes, the alien was dead, speaking through player's dead-reconstituted (resurrected) mind.
Praise nanobots.
I've got nothing else to say, except unless you're poor like me, don't bother with this game, but who knows about the sequel.

Edit a year later: 
I don't remember writing this and my biggest critique is that I neglected to put the name of the game or the main character (which you can google, Lol).
But the sweet sadness of this is, your doting Grandma or your spinster uncle might buy this boring heap of a game, because it was on sale at Walmart, and walmart didn't have any ugly sweaters in your size.
So the next time you see Grandma or your uncle, they eagerly want to know how you liked the game, and do you still play it?
Avoiding your well-meaning relatives isn't easy, but you manage.

No comments: