-->

Thursday, August 31, 2023

Allies and other stuff.

 I'm getting little hints that I ignored before, like the one about needing allies. 
Dame Aylin is an angelic-looking woman in love with the king's daughter.
Before, I told the little voice in the game that I didn't need allies, but she's a good one to have around.
That russian/eastern-european woman Jaheira, I hate her, but she probably has some damn power I'd need later, but I'll risk it, she's too hateful.
The patch (the third patch?) (Second?) anyway they changed some lines of dialogue for the angel. 
Have they changed anything else?
Like, where to go and what to do in the city?
I play til I get bored and then I restart.
Like when those enormous robots crush kill and destroy everyone, it's pointless, I'm wasting my time on an underpowered character.
And they don't say anywhere in-game that you need dexterity and a few special spells to survive, that's for you to google.
So when it's time to say goodbye to this game, (unless there's a crapload of mods) I won't miss it.
Randy's special spell store,
A way to dominate robots,
and maybe hinting to the illithid in the mindflayer that beauty kills beasts.
Big-ass subject, that.
Huge. And I'm not touching it with a f'n pole.
Like (ok) remember the scene in the brothel? A prostitute gets off on tentacled people.
Then she hypnotizes you to have an orgasm.
It's ill-fitting, they should have drawn it out, who was she, besides a hypnotist?
Why wasn't she a mindflayer? (all the important people are.)
If act three is pristine and unchanged, I seriously intend to dump this game, with its cryptic-everything you need people to explain (I feel like a five-year-old watching a movie in a theater, with everyone being pissed you're asking about stuff.)
No, it's NOT unchanged, they took out the sexy nude scene.
  Player wakes up and finds shadowhair's hair is white, and she asks, "What do you think?"
OK I'll recheck my settings, but I played the battle-scene (the night before) twice-and-a-half. 
Shadowheart magically bleaches her hair and the next night, asks Player on a date.
I sound senile but I swear her hair was black, they go swimming, and the hair goes white.
Now that it's changed, people will authoritatively state it was never that way. 
Wait, don't I have a picture?
New improved shadowheart (shadowheart-lite)

"Classic" Shadowheart (full flavor)



To make her love you, kill her (twice)

Eye-catching dominant women exist in real life, women who are happiest giving advice and being real estate salespeople.
Shadowheart comes across as very dominant and very submissive at the same time;
Like maybe a really religious real-estate saleswoman. 
The link speaks about pigeonholing people based upon some pictures they glance at.
1-second,
2-seconds,
Too late! 
We Know you now, based upon your very first impressions.
Honestly I just like watching her lips move, and she was on Google's front page.
Well she was.
I *thought* she was.
I resent her philosophy, but I'd listen to her anyway, hmm.





Really polished blogs blather on about nothing, but a few are helpful.
But they should not have to be helpful at all.
1. Kill the king (duke,ruler, whatever) who has an endless supply of biggie robot henchmen. so you learn to bust up the factory,
2. rescue the hostages before you even attempt to mess up the factory.
3. hope that whatserface (the goth/death sadist) is outgoing enough in the playthrough to kill her, except no, you need to solve a murder mystery, and steal some body parts (if only the wine-festival quest would ever trigger) and ignore chuckles the clown, cuz who cares.

I think the original idea was to have so many quests you'd play til the world ended,
but it's like watching an Italian-language movie with way too many commercials.
Eventually you change channels and watch a sitcom instead.


You might like insane plots that cause ar-15 owners to go ballistic, but I don't see the appeal. Fucket, what's so wrong with scantily clad women traipsing over the countryside and becoming empresses at the end?
(Think "alice in wonderland" and her chessboard)
GEEZ!





You can't tell in your weird little world what is a bug in a stuck f'n game, 
and what is a plot twist or a puzzle.
And no, I don't wanna learn to ride or drive anything.


My dilemma is clear, concise. I want a game that's fun to play, and I don't really like war games. I hate cryptic games that are like puzzles. 
I could just buy a damn puzzle if that's what I wanted, 
or sign up for a fucking math class.
Puzzle-people who're good at math exist in humongous hordes, and that's great.
Men who drool over war and ammunition, fine too.
I hate them all um, I'm still looking.
  • Bioshock infinite
  • Control
  • Assassin's creed (yada whatever)
  • Skyrim
The type of game these were, more plotty, less puzzle.
Yes you had to google stuff and wend your way through endless monstrous streets, but it seriously killed time, and isn't that what games are supposed to do?
They sort of end after handing you a pointless virtual weapon, but that's cutting cheese. Overall they were great.
I (before I forget) wanna write stuff it should ●not●be..
  • JRPG / Anime
  • "2D" (not sure what this is, 1980's nostalgia?)


The shithole pizza-place in your really bad neighborhood had Huge gigantic game consoles no one ever used. (I can't remember why I was there, was I hungry, was it a shortcut?)
  • mmorpg+ (abcdefg)
  • "hearts of WWII"
  • Anything (strajedy) with virtual playing cards (because, buy the damn cards already)
You wanna spend How much on a videocard for a 2D turn-based JRPG?
What forum do you brag in??
  • Games to be played on laptops in public places in your plaid miniskirt hoping to meet Mr. Right (iow, you aren't there for the game)
I'm prolly outta luck on a game not looking like a cartoon, so what's all this crap about anisotropic occlusion Raytraces?
Starfield, I'll probably hate it but it's trendy as hell (people are buying it blind, sucking hard on the glory hole)
Some guy said there's a learning curve, and then it gets boring.
so why....buy it?
I already own "Nier automata" but I can't remember a thing about it.
Female-protagonists might be overrated, or I have a seriously bad memory problem, or both. (going off to find out what "Nier automata" was about)
ooooh, yeah, boring cartoon where they force the camera into donkey-kong mode...
Long walks going nowhere, unsolvable puzzles, really bad dialogue.
I'm not (I should be) looking at Obama or Bush-era games, IDK.
When DirectX 9 was king.

---
I reiterate, Bing is Google's slow younger brother.
Bing this, google it too.

Google (Johnny Silverhand, tyvm)
Bing (duh, gee, Tennessee)

Me like candy!
Candy FTW (FURIO)


Trusting IGN to point me to a game is like trusting See's Candies for halloween candy choices...Satan-incarnate for financial advice.
We don't know what their preconceived ideas of what a game should be are,
and I can only presume they play whatever studios send them to review.
Nier automata sucks real bad but you wouldn't know it from reviews.
I perforce have a preconceived notion of what a game should look like 
("unreal" from the 90's was perfect)
with the technical prowess of today's GPU you SHOULD be able to see a more realistic experience, but those artists must've retired and moved to Bahrain, and we must content ourselves with heavily plugged anime.
I'm leaning towards Alice in whatever (the final hole) but I'm being circumspect.

beyond the divine director's cut enhanced....wtf, whut??
Ble?
All I see are three identical games for a buttload of money.
I'll consult my cheat-engine for advice

I Told you kids before, stay OFF my roof!!

I'm getting too warm / bored/ defeated...
Wait, a real cool picture:
The discerning xenophobic will diss central chinese as opposed to taiwanese...
*This* pic is apparently Korean.
I'll support miscegenation and maybe (uh)...anyway it's a nice picture.

(link)


Your tastes (asparagus, this next picture) are way different than mine.
A professionally paid author wants to romance the picture.
OK I'm...still wondering about Brie-cheese. You all make me barf, but you're interesting.
(link)
"The cutscenes go HARD." Whut? (omg)
I was all set to buy this game and then I read the vague negative reviews which sound identical (what is this "nerfed"?)
If people who liked it don't, what hope have I got?
I can't read the thots of users...if they really ARE customers and not shills or one guy spamming, 
then apparently they liked the game until a patch ruined it, but generally it does not sound like my type of game.








No comments: