-->

Thursday, December 7, 2023

BG3: Yap

 A patch within a day of a patch, for Baldur's Gate III, and although they purport the patch to be very minor, I noticed a few major changes, towards the end of my game:

Mostly to do with "The house of Grief" and the dialogue with Viconia De Vir.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. Walking there, strange graphic effects, like huge humongous gargantuan sticks coming out of some NPC's eye.
It's definitely a graphic-defect of some sort, although I don't know what exactly.

Link
https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate3/comments/1708w9h/cutscene_issues_after_last_patch_any_ideas/
My clipping isn't this bad nor is it related to the picture but it's a good example of what I am talking about

The second biggie change was Viconia's speech.

After she is massively disabled in the original, an argument ensues between Shadowheart and Viconia, but on this playthrough she reads player's mind and says (I wasn't really listening,) so I attacked her and killed her quickly.

But the most striking change was one I noticed in a much older game several years ago.
"Caesar" has some prisoners crucified, and they hang there moaning, but once the player left the area and returned, the prisoners literally ran to their marks, and climbed their crosses, as if they were in a play that changed scenes too fast.

Today BG3 did the same thing with Viconia and her supposedly dead minions. 

Is it a technique to assuage and disarm, "All the world's a stage and we are merely players"?


No comments: