-->

Wednesday, December 13, 2023

corned beef questions

 This is no blog entry, it's a notepad and you get to peek into my innermost thoughts like you would the crack in my wall / windows (where the hell do you peek, anyway?)
To put these sudden bursts of thought into semi-coherent sentences, takes time and energy, and I cannot type well, so the trains that pass are long gone when I start to actually write about them.

Corned beef stratospheric prices (an apology)

Global warming (excuse) and by extension,
droughts (old excuse)
profiteering (THERE ya go)
Oil (yada etc) (commodities)
Yeah, um, OK :

corned beef causes rain-forest-deforestation.

(Link) 
(Anti-Link)
Another link (these links are dated, I don't know currently the sitrep)
Political Propaganda or verisimilitude?
(I really wanted "Verisimilitude" in a sentence)
Google (It's a propaganda-conspiracy, I swear)

So countries get righteous and ban corned beef in a can.... then they forget about it but once a price goes up for Any reason it rarely drops.
Official-type reasons being Gas, wars, and some nationalistic thing thrown in for flavor ("Blame Biden")
Corned beef (in cans) comes mainly from South America.
Are we (U.S.) pissed at South America?
Are they pissed at us?
Always.
No one is buying large quantities of *anything* to help their collective economies, they'd rather send free food.
(OK that part was a rant, but I could back it up if I tried, I swear)
So IF the US bought TONS of Corned beef from S.A, for the boys overseas, ....
(It might piss off the Spam company, shit)
Well continuing... Nobody buys vast quantities of Corned beef anymore, it's all dried packets and spam.
Huge black-holes in their logic:
If Corned beef is so damn deforesting (deforestable?) why not relocate the cattle and the beef to say (o, I don't know) The US or New Zealand?


Because Cows pass gas, way different articles, same conclusion:
Eat soy / seaweed or die
If they can proselytize enough meek followers they can rule.




TLDR, "Hitron CODA-56" (I'm pretty sure it's 56) Is the only modem for me, being that it has a single internet port.


Other guys a lot smarter than me buy trendier brands with two ethernet-sockets and die trying to hook the damned thing up.
Some docs tell you (most do not) that the second ethernet connection needs it's own IP address as given by the internet-service-provider (ISP.) But people figure they can do it themselves, already having a massive ganglia of network cables, and they fail, and call tech support.
Tech support is less than helpful and stuff remains dead, and the carcass is dragged back to the company to be sent to another unsuspecting customer.
But what if they only used a single connector? (hmmmm??)
A guy says that to use the single 2.5-gig port on a dual-port modem is difficult (impossible, I am not sure.)

The customer feels like crap for having spent tons on a dual-connector model (the customer in my head,) and rants about it on Amazon.
HOWever the story plays out, IDC (I don't care). The Hitron has only One ethernet connector, so a person would know very quickly if it works or not, no excuses.
AND it's on the List of the approved and the Chosen.
Now, uhm, "Hitron" (the company) sells most of their line to ISP's, not single-customers, so Hitron coda 57, Hitron coda 60(00?) are not available.
In a perfect world I'd be able to get a Hitron Coda 6000, wait a year and be the first on my block to get docsis 4.0.
Well it would be better than getting sucked into the vortex of 3.1 modems or begging the company down the street to give me a trendier modem.
I was under a free-modem dispensation when I converted, and I think they abandoned that policy several price-increases ago, I'm not sure.
Look close at the below, my modem is both 3.1 and 3.0 (whatever that means)
(OFDM) AND (and,) it only has One single solitary elderly 1Gbps port.
So it straddles the new world but hangs on to the old.
(maybe)
I'm not sure butt...I might have 3.1 already (or is it a tarted-up 3.0??)
They change buzzwords so you can't compare 32x8 vs 32x8 "sc-qam"
and OFDM vs OFDMA
OFDMA supposedly can send packets of data to "multiple users" simultaneously.
Your Dark-lord site and CISA. (well that's how I'm reading it)
You can't know without working there (I don't think) if they're actually *using* all that unpronounceable tech or relying on its backwards-compatible capabilities.
(new hat, same old dress)
OR will you be rewarded for being such a loyal follower, with 300mbps or so extra?
I'm thinking, it's an awful lot of money, just to find out.



None of this matters to the reader (you) but it's important to me, kind of.
Does 4.0 exist?
Yes!
Can I get it?
No!
Will my speed rise with a more-better modem?
Hello???
I briefly tried yesterday to do the whole "cast"-thing, bypassing the phone's "Hotspot" capabilities.
My conclusion was that the phone could not be a server and a client simultaneously, serving internet and being a client of wifi.
It's prolly technically possible but I am not up to the task.
My allotment is nearly used up at 20+ gigabytes now.
I might not use this PC or blog for a while.
You'd hope (I hope) that weird connections no one ever thinks about are passed under radar, but I guess not.
Wireless and Bluetooth connections are so transparently hacked, people just uhm, they could do a TV show.
"ethernet," then is the best in that scenario (everything else being hacked and charged for equally)
REALLY SLOW internet counts against you, just slower, or I'd seriously lower my network to "2G" and use bluetooth (morse code, whatever)
If one hand claps does it make a noise?

"data" from bluetooth is counted or it isn't.
Everyone (except Verizon) says it is counted. 
I, uhm, whut?
The difference here, in case you're tone-deaf, is:
Phones are widely sold under "Unlimited Data" plans, so watching movies on dinky screens is orthodox, blessed, imprimatured (You get my meaning?)
But if the phone gets the idea you're SHARING your data, the powers-that-be frown, storm clouds form.
It's like, whispering in church.
But *I* thought (google it) that lowly blootewth (whispering real soft) didn't count against you.
Not that I'm heretical or a Libertine... I'm just poor.
The google chromecast dongle connected and my pc connected,
to "wifi hotspot" but the phone "google home" had trouble connecting to itself (the hotspot)
Plus it would be pointless,
windows eats megabytes of data like popcorn.
 The phone allows "hotspot"
or "wifi" just not at the same time! So bigass fail.
Now, yell through the wall about a switch or a second phone;none of those saves any money.


No comments: