-->

Sunday, December 3, 2023

Drafty

 https://vocaroo.com/1ibpaeAzy3cL

("Silent" T sound in the UK.)
This original train was from "Sheena Bucktowonsing," the producer of a show I am watching right this second.
I have a rant that paying for a season of "Who" doesn't entitle you
to the all-important ending or transition-episode at the beginning of the next year, And I can't (I don't think?) buy all the transitional episodes as a set, (They're called "Christmas specials" on Amazon.) 
And their numbering system is daft. 
Amazon Renamed them so I have s7 e1, s9 e1 but I can't find "S10e1", whatever it is.

O. OK
They're charging 3 bucks a pop, I'm buying them wrong, I'm sure of it (wiki mentions a "set")
"The episode received mixed to negative reviews from critics. The penultimate episode of the Thirteenth Doctor era of the show, it was the least-watched episode in the programme’s history since its revival in 2005."


Since it was a TV show I have to disagree why people didn't watch, maybe there was a football game on as well.
As far as criticizing the cast (real and unreal,) I really liked the Sea Captain whose name I'll never remember:



Rant for a way different time,
WHO decided how to spell Chinese names in Latin lettering?
A guy (me) stops the tape and repeats sections just to hear the pronunciation, which destroys any hint of the plot.
"My name is Joe Zhmith" ("So Jmith" oh, nvm)
"Jing,
"Jing a Jong,
"Make it Jimple (etc)

Someone says, I'm wrong, J is more like "Ts" and *I* say, if Brits can say 
"wa_er" instead of "water," I can say "s" instead of "Ts"

A quick google shows me an episode with a different number, for October 2022 (I think it's 2022.) Maybe I should give up for now.
Because after Three seasons and mostly three special-episodes, I barely understand any of the back story, which they lay on thickly.
The Lonely black guy stationed on a far away ship, who was he, why is he back, and meanwhile the plot continues while my mind gets mired in the past.
Those two old women and their boss, too far back to remember.
My mind rejects any hint of a plot, which is why I enjoyed the Sea Devil show, it had a basic mostly linear plot that didn't keep throwing characters at you.
I wasn't built for shows my friends liked, "Dark Shadows," "Dr. Who", meaningless trivia.

Dr. Who, the lastest episodes, are moving over to Disney.
And on that note....Do I dislike the Eveil-empire "Disney" so much, the overpriced guys who buy up anything anywhere having to do with kids, to get a subscription?
As opposed to, you-know, Paramount or HBO?
I can think of a few movies Disney owns I'd like to see or re-see, I'm not sure.
I could just dip my toe, 
(meep)
(Meep-Meep)

cancel when they predictably raise the price,
ignore how chummy they and DeSantis are, 
Just...one...month,
Or two.
Or I could just keep buying movies, but that gets expensive.







"https://tardis.fandom.com/wiki/Sheena_Bucktowonsing?file=Sheena_Bucktowonsing_story (spellcheck is flagging this as a misspell)
https://www.reddit.com/r/EnglishLearning/comments/lqiuxk/do_all_british_not_pronounce_t/ is my highly informative (but very trivial) name for my Train of thought.
More generalized rantings....
With captions enabled, I can almost make out what British-types are saying, but when I watch PBS soaps, I'm very bored by the upper-crust soaps; I like the ones with more down-to-earth people.

----
PS Some "meaningless trivia" I worked out, without googling or reading any books:
Doctor-Who's bad guys usually have really bad teeth (pointy/dirty/missing)
And good guys from the middle-ages have perfect freshly brushed ones.
The first recent-series episode I watched (S11-E1?) was about a monster
 with teeth-trophies pasted onto his face.... It's irrelevant but significant;
Maybe one of the biggie stockholders is a dentist.
Dental Tech from Hell

Eveil-Donna
I've moved on. 
CGI isn't as bad as Roger Ebert says, I disagree with him.
My neighbors disagree with my blogs, for no particular reason (random bits strung together make them think they know my opinions)
So I erased the offending opinion-forming entries, and wish I had an AI or some CGI-something (CBI?) to write better blogs.
He (Ebert, keep up) Did mention "John Wick 4" and I wonder if I should just skip 2 and 3, although I think that would be a biggie mistake.
The girlfriends, the pets, the tragedies.
There's prolly dozens of free movies


If studios get wind of something people actually like, they raise the price,so Thank you, Roger Ebert, for that.

No comments: