-->

Monday, February 26, 2024

a note (ble?)

 I think I wrote some time ago that a person, to become noteworthy and famous, needs to spout outrageous lies at least once in a while, because if you do, people notice you.

I'm shy and prolly have bad dreams about doing anything that doesn't blend in as well as one lentil in Lentil soup, and people make shit up about me anyway, so imagine a person does it on purpose?

"wendy Richards" hmm

"rumors" what rumors? I wanna read them real bad (lol.)


I've never seen "the song" or whatever, I've never listened to anything Reba Mcentire ever did (And I can't spell her name) but I think I've seen her on a game show cracking a joke.

So this might be reverse clickbait....make up something and then deny it.

This is TBA totally, I can think of politicians you might otherwise have never heard of, making statements that get picked up by Google news...



I've moved on. My network died for a few seconds tonight, so of course I checked all my settings and of course nothing was ostensibly wrong...

Well there is *one* thing...If I choose "This is a home network, not some business" it immediately asks for a PIN/password when I restart, and when I go through the convoluted folderol to get rid of the password-login,

"Advanced User Accounts Control Panel"


then I'm back on some sort of business quasi-domain (I think.)

I don't want to get into all the mini-tortuous things in my head on paper, they would be bigger than a blog entry.
Hint: the UI in windows 11 kind of sucks.
"Home.Arpa" is a domain I could legally use but I don't know much about it, do hackers festering worldwide use it too? 

Plus I only wondered about my indelible "connection-specific DNS Suffix,"

Which can be changed in theory but no.

I'd rather be a workgroup than a domain, and I'd rather be a domain than a slave of my ISP's domain, and I know that was unreadable, so nevermind.

Passwordless? Thou shalt be Assimilated, resistance is futile

I don't think hypnosis would work on me, I've got too many "F*ck you" responses built-in.
It's a line in something I read about hypnosis, direct-commands can cause the mind to rebel. (it's a quote I will prolly never find again, ever)
But subtle hints to people already needy, mean, etc work.
I can't get a straight answer for the word "Consilient," too many frauds out there trying to sell something...but anyway (very vaguely speaking)
Ericksonian hypnosis uses indirect suggestions and "Consilience," I think.
MAGA-GOP, iPhone users, Toy-company salespeople. They're examples (maybe) of indirectly suggesting to groups.
"I fixed the Toilet!!" dancing commercial, where a mousy hausfrau fixes her toilet, and then does a music video, might be an example (maybe not)
Enticing, reassuring, vs commanding and irritating (hmm)

Definitely NOT the quote I was looking for, but will this do??

This might piss off the author, but I found it ironic.







No comments: