-->

Saturday, June 8, 2024

foot note 2: questions about Mesh

 I am totally confused about mesh routers, beeeeecause, regular routers can do the same thing, can't they?
You point your close-by router to another router which acts as a "server" for your network and is also connected to the internet....so what's with "Mesh"???

Say a person buys a "Mesh" router because it looks affordable all by its lonesome.

OK

THEN what? will it be lonely and missing features you really want?

https://www.google.com/search?q=difference+between+router+and+%22mesh+router%22&oq=difference+between+router+and+%22mesh+router%22

Or is it more of a money sales trick, buy 10 and save $5.
(Only you don't Need 10, you only need one)

Buy two, get one free (so buy three?)

BOGO vitamins you forget to take anyway, and the vitamins slowly rot past their expiration date, but the store is real happy.

Then there's the bombastic Lingo: "Backhaul."

You tie a cable to both routers, Or, you dedicate one band of a router to the other router, 
WTF has "Backhaul" got to do with it?
Union guys transferring cargo from one truck to another truck.

Fucket, buy a damn switch, It's cheaper. (hmm)
What am I missing, ?

The terminology excapes me...Plus I want an "AP" (I *think*) not another router, one that has the latest and greatest wifi with a cord up its butt for my venerable and highly respected router.

The AP would share that general-population LAN, but allow wireless clients to jump in. I think that's right....except, doing it that way, you'd have to research LAN-security or AP security, hmm 


2024 router profitability forecast

Uncertainty as to just wtf wifi 7 is,

The election, 
No real reason to choose the lastest,
resentment (from me) about the carrot-stick doling out of 6GHz
799.99 you GOT to be kidding.
But in every forum the 3-story 2 acre house and the guy with 24 expensive devices, is shilling.
From his basement, from his third-story Pantry, he rules his domain.
I think maybe the big push isn't here yet, Xmas 2024 will have newer carrots on sticks.
I (for example) would need a new phone, an 8K TV, and 6 imaginary kids
And an ISP faster than the speed of light, no caps.
Our fastest ISP does one-gig, *I* have one gig (read the older entries) but cannot use it. 8K, huh?




No-shit, Blu-ray=1080p?
So where do (This is turning into a facts-of-life question)
8k movies come from??
"Well, a movie is born, many years ago, and enhanced, so people will pay more to watch"


I don't know if my old eyes are failing me but....
*some* Reruns from the fifties and sixties seem to have more of a "3D" look lately.
They've enhanced B+W to look more lifelike, especially TV-series.
This is quite clearly impossible (Isn't it?)



8k Movie sampler list

No comments: