-->

Thursday, July 25, 2024

notes on a theme

 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COINTELPRO

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McCarthyism

And stuff I need to read more about, religious persecution in the U.S. around the 17th-18th centuries (1600-1700's)

Salem Witch trials (well, way more than that, but it's where I'd start)

And maybe a paragraph or two about how expensive most globes are.
I want one.
But do I want the *appearance* of one, the theme of a large globe, or an actual globe I could study?
A tiny scrawl I mumble to myself, "MAGA" when? How? Don't get your feet up, this is no rant.
Pre-sixties?
Post WWII?
If I were in school or preparing for a debate, I'd be made fun of for relying on one single link, Wikipedia.
And back in (o, say, 1924) I'm sure there were tons of stuff decrying the quote-unquote "yellow peril".


Being lazy and having my own blog has its perks. Read the links, don't read them, whatever.



I'm editing in the Voting rights act of 1965 as amended by the US supreme court.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voting_Rights_Act_of_1965 with special attention to 2021-2023. (I don't know much more than that, and I just read it)


Yesterday the free-movie channel decided to show Christmas movies. 
There are only a very few christmas movies I like (two or three?) and they showed one of my favorites.
Life sucked in that movie, sucked real bad....(lol) and I'm not entirely sure it has much meaning anymore, in between sad puppy, wounded veterans and shriners commercials.

"It would be pointless to tell you about them" my game says.

Speechmakers weave fantastical scenarios that never were or will be true, and if that's what you want,
a stirring speechmaker,
pick any sunday broadcast,
any commercial asking for money,
any politician promising the moon....

Any people suing the shit out of people trying harder than hell to forgive debt, enforcing Scrooge-like phrases ("are there no workhouses?")  just to be contrarian...

(link)
Reading comments anywhere at any time, ever, at all, won't convince the opposing side to concede. Spewing hate to reinforce their cause, more like.
But the above opinion was no comment, it's a full-fledged article and My only opinion is, it wasn't specific enough.
Why GOP and the
Heritage foundation
(Because I can't link to a PDF and would not want to anyway)

et al. are against Student-debt-forgiveness.


Pick a year, life sucked.

No comments: