-->

Thursday, July 18, 2024

water


 


Lake, pond, lagoon, estuary

(bay)

(sea)

It's a working theory of mine after 10 seconds of googling,

that a swamp is a pond, and larger is a lake.
The Largest lakes are "sea" As in Mediterranean. But that's like arguing what the difference between an avenue and a boulevard is.
I don't know.
I got hungry, restarted the PC, made a meal, and the front screen talked about a reef.

"White reefs suck," I thought...whether that's true or maybe they're seasonal, I also don't know.
The page said that the reef was in a lagoon.

They're all "estuaries" and are like giant train-stations for birds travelling long distances.
But "Estuary" is highly politicized and helps raise property values.
"Touch my estuary and die," say the rich.
Whalers (the sanctioned ones) and fishermen and divers vs recreational assholes, they don't differentiate much...

No, the Black sea is a (paywalled)

We're supposed to be eating weeds in the ocean and treat whales (and elephants
(And mountain lions) as sacred,
and sacrifice dogs and whatnot to the mountain lions.
It's the problem that everything is lumped in with everything else and becomes a political policy and a mission from God.

Too vague? I'll edit this maybe soon.

You could take freakin' *classes* on lakes ponds and seas, apparently.
Quick: no looking: WHERE is "Black Sea"?
North, I'll guess, close to Norway and Russia (I'll guess)
OK now I gotta go f'ing look and expose my shame:
O. I knew it was somewhere repressive, kinda like 
(insert snarky political line here)

But I was wrong confusing North with Black. And forget "Bering"
"baltic" isn't "Black" either





O. I see what I did there, hmm
I never had to take a geography class in school, it either wasn't politically correct or it's my fault for changing schools.
Anyway anything I know was sort of mopped up over the years.
(link)





No comments: