-->

Tuesday, August 27, 2024

(IDK) "Click Bait"


 Act 3 of Baldur's Gate 3 (or is it "Act II") has the player wandering a crowded town where most of the extra-women wear form-fitting pants. 
I suppose you could call them tights, I don't know. There are commercials on TV for such pants, and I watch with the sound down, so I don't know the name.
 
No one bathed but they were immaculate. I suppose knitting existed.
There is exactly one filthy guy, with a green cloud surrounding him and flies, but I suspect he's part of a quest I avoid.
 But after my experience writing about pans and getting front page biggie links about them, I hesitate to look for pants in Baldur's Gate 3, on Bing or Google.

Today I clicked on a front-page article about Trump, and ten more articles on Trump started showing up.
Be careful what you click on?

That's it. Anything after this line is an add-on or a different subject.

It's an enormous PITA to install mods; but I digress. 

This underwear mod looks too complicated.


This is why it's f'ng impossible "Use/Don't use" Fucket.



I don't think google/reddit knows what I'm looking for...
those walk-on extras walking purposefully somewhere, the ones you only see for a few seconds (unless maybe you're stalking them.)
They look fantastic, but how would you get into a conversation that starts,
 "where Did you buy your pants?"
*My* Player starts out wearing a freaking house-coat.
The coat is green.
Or, her brother's hand-me-downs in Camp. ("Homely clothes," way to rub it in.)
There's prolly a pay-to-buy decent stuff coming,
or maybe they dumped that idea.
If the poorest denizen in the lower City can look like she's late for her Yoga class, why can't player?
I'm not looking for an evening dress, just some magical teflon outfit that bounces stuff off her and sticks to others, is that too much to ask?
My curse (if you can call it that) is, if I want to use "Chain Lightning" I need to forgo any swords, arrow-shooters (bows) and decent armor.
Cuz apparently I'm so f'ing badass I don't need any of that, whadda crock.

In real battles, you're a cog, part of a biggie war machine.
In THIS battle, even with cheats, only one person fights at a time.
You're far more likely to be struck down by the enemy if you get too close, they can chop you down, or shoot a massive spell at you,
But you're alone.
So the whole Ally thing is perty-near useless, except maybe they have spells you don't, and it prolongs the battle, which is supposed to be the object of most games, battles.
Bah.
You saved a guy by killing another guy and rescuing the first guy's twin.
He rewards you with a biggie tree.
An older woman talks big but doesn't do a whole lot except get her minions killed.
A magical Kid, a very temperamental one, has powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal kids, but do they teach you any of them?
USELESS! The lot.
"You are the savior of Baldur's Gate," the game purrs. Yeah whatever.

No comments: