-->

Wednesday, August 28, 2024

yet another doctor rant

 I need better keywords, I *know* I've written about this before, but in a different way.
Should you give a rat's ass which medical group your doctor belongs to????
??

There are rules, but I don't know them.

I only know, the primary-care-physician in my current group moved away or crossed me off her date-list, and I have been notified.
They (The insurance) helpfully assigned some random doctor three or four towns distant.
Why? (Why the distant doctor?) 
Maybe it was a friend of the old doctor, IDK.

So I stabbed at choosing my own, and got a warning: This doctor is outside your medical group!
Oshit.
Will there be retributions, repercussions, consequences, (Biggie Copays?)

Another doctor (The insulin one) lectured me for maybe 15 minutes,
and I got a $400 bill (which my insurance made sure I knew about but paid)
So who got most of the $400, the medical group?

A nurse decided I needed a vaccine, and the bill that came said she got $50 for injecting it (The actual vaccine was cheap or free.) THAT, I paid. Now if I refuse a vaccine in the future, I'm being a curmudgeon (I suppose.)

I'm a horrible patient, I actually talk about my medical problems, 
and that's a no-no.
Obvious problems should be obvious, pills they're promoting should be taken, see you in three months.
Well I'm the eveil patient from hell, beecause my stomach has an unlisted problem they don't treat, and I couldn't care less about heart-pills or "statins."


It's related (sort of) to the above.
Digestivelogical instead of Gynecological (Spell checker is dismissing me) 
But geez, with all their wellness propaganda and social workers, you'd think someone would have made healthy diets.
I'm totally sick of insurance commercials that say basically nothing.











This is interstitial space, under construction, a detour (o, there it is, my browser dipped below the screen)


It being that banks are mostly computers now and the people watching them,
Every few years I like to look back at all the quaint little rules they still have in place.
Never work on Sunday.
So, if a (govt.) direct-deposit falls on a Sunday, The computers wink and nod at each other and post the deposit on the previous Business-day, which is Friday.
But if the deposit falls on the day After Sunday (or after a national Holiday) And that holiday follows a Sunday, (which I just said, o nvm)
THEN the direct deposit is issued on Saturday because by tradition banks work on Saturday.
They *could* change this at any time and inscribe it into new rules buried under arcane italics in teeny print, so don't bet the rent.
But yeah. 
I'll be paid Saturday, (Technically, "Friday night" Just after Midnight) because,
Tradition.
(Beecause, computers work 24/7 and y2k happened yeeeears ago and nothing came of it, despite the movie, but (IDK why) they're being munificent, or whatever.
I didn't find the Willoughby Gazebo but this'll do
Punched in, died, no one noticed for a bit





No comments: