-->

Friday, November 27, 2020

Cute headline ("saving Money is against the law")

 Attention:
Wi-Fi is Turned off when USB tethering or Mobile HotSpot is active.
To turn on Wifi, please turn off USB tethering or Mobile Hotspot.


I'm utterly flabbergasted, but I'm sure they have their reasons.


I mean, if you could get wifi free and give it to your PC, your entire network, the US economy would suffer, AT~!@#$%^&T might get pissed off.

How to Turn Your Phone Into a Wi-Fi Hotspot | PCMag,
But they don't say you need a phone account to use the wifi, and there are strict limits unless you pay tons (+ tax and fees)

On my bathroom floor is an ad for phones. 
No contract, it says. The cheapest plan gives you 5 gigabytes of data before it slows to a crawl, the kind of crawl you'd expect on a google-news page.
the next level up is 25 gigabytes (I think, or did I skip tons)
the NEXT level starts getting serious, they Allow you (gee, aren't they nice)
to have 10 gigabytes of Hotspot data.
OK I can see now why they cut off wifi during tethering, it's something they'd rather you paid dearly for.

Now OK if you're an outgoing girl or guy, you might have already met someone with internet connections, which they'd be happy to let you use.
I mean, they're on cable.
  The phone companies must've wanted to burn everything with pitchforks, "Kill The Monster!!"


Because they couldn't have a guy and his friends giving away free internet.


No comments: