-->

Thursday, January 14, 2021

saga the third, et cetera

 


You have to join or subscribe or sign up or at least click the big blocking ad to know.

(squatting with crotchless underwear)


Timespy is consistently bad now, it's as if a relative died and it's permanently depressed.

(please skip to the last page of this novella)

Ever know anyone like that? 

Stuck with them forever, you are driven to drink and avoidance, or to confront them and eventually divorce them (Because they'll claim Cruelty)

bee sides, their example score is so high, it's depressing in and of itself.

And there is no log, no journal, to tell me what was, no longer is.

In other words "Why is it slow one day, fast the next (cross out "next"?)

People will bombast you with power-management phrases, like parrots with deep voices, but there is no indication it's an evil power manager.

No, it's a silly setting or a file that's changed, but that's like saying a girl you should marry lives in Poughkeepsie.

$800-1K for 20FPS





 So maybe there's an INI or a registry setting, limiting framerates to 30fps. I thought I saw it yesterday, mostly unreadable and it said "developer mode" which I could not google.

Anyway, if you were telling people I'd figure it out eventually, yeah, that's my conclusion, that a file or a setting that never gets erased upon uninstall, is messing with it, which (I think) is why the other benchmarks run OK.
But one of the most important functions of any benchmark, fast or slow, is to compare one's own system before and after tweaking.
Bragging rights go to those with multiple GPU's and exotic cooling.
speaking of which, a forum I just read has one member bragging about dual 780's.
The way women keep mentioning their husband/boyfriend.
I didn't know what a 780 was so I prepared a pictorial story on the sad state of video-card technology:





















I'm a bad artist and a worse HTML editor; This makes no sense anymore but fucket.

"Furmark" is definitely not as interesting, nor is "Heaven 4.0" (Which retails for $499.00)

but Furmark says I'm averagely fine, not being immodest or anything:
I figure "What the hell" so I ran my resolution down to 1600x900, turned something called "DSR" on and set it to 2.4, beeeee cause, uh, hmm I wanted to match my 4k resolution default, although I'm pretty sure it doesn't work that way.
Anyway Furmark seemed happy.
This guy was very close to me, at my convoluted settings


Forgive my weeping standing on the pier next to my new friend, it'll pass, eventually.
I embarrassed her in front of her friends, I didn't like her lavender blouse, or she was (is) in a mood.
No fond farewells, no kiss goodbye, only an awkward phonecall to comfort my memories.
She's moved on, a fireman named Jack. 
The impossibility of it all is staggering....I broke something (thank you for that instant revelation, that off-the-cuff-hurtful remark) or set something wrong (ditto)
But the other benchmarks welcome me with open arms and some extraneous platitudes,
("Forget her, she wasn't your type")
I'll always remember, the "11,850" times we had, the fluke of 11,924.
The peaks, the valleys (11,754)
(*sniff*) she's gone.
Her unsympathetic sister, "Timespy extreme", never liked me, I'm beneath her contempt.
A salutary "Hello" is all I ever get from her.
Beneath contempt (but I can L live with th that (*sigh*)


----
Setting "affinity" shows some promise, but that only means one of my cores is dead-weight, for whatever reason.

Before I go into BIOS and possibly never return, the GPU-clock seems lackadaisical, meandering from full-speed to much less-speed.
I caught my clock at a faster speed but it's going lots slower.

This might get edited out, it's a fork in the road, a road less-traveled.
(You'd think they'd give hints, sign-posts, a (fucking) clue, this guessing-game is boring.)
This is unbelievable. The damned network card was pissing off Timespy, but nothing else.
I wouldn't believe this, and I just saw it.

The card is sitting in the "e3" slot now, probably robbing lanes, but it doesn't seem to matter to timespy!!
Weird.
"embarrassed me in front of my friends," is it?
FOCK YEW!!!
I'll live my life alone, I am a rock, an island.
And Islands Never cry.

Piss off and DIE
(Why do they include cards you can never use??)

Cardless

I'm not proud of being on the sister's shit-list, but this was never about her anyway:



No comments: