-->

Friday, February 12, 2021

vafi III

 It's embarassing not being able to get out of bed or off the toilet, So I looked it up.
Muscle Weakness | Diabetes (diabetesjournals.org)
Too fat, they say.
"smoker!," they say.
I don't mind the scarlet A, it's better than being really pissed off over politics.
I'll, I won't mention this, I did before and they went on about blood circulation and getting old.
Fuck'em, can't read a goddam webpage (OK I'm a little pissed)
"EEE Advanced" is one of those very vaguely described, power-saving features in a network-card.
And right this edited-second, I don't know if it works or not (I'll edit this, re-edit this, later)
My mind says I enabled it, yet there it stands, "disabled".
Waitasec.

Router-Power-off

Power-Router_ON


So, yeah, it works, um ??? and if it switches off automatically later, I'll be sure to edit this.

Anyway it seems to work, and my original line about allowing the router to renegotiate a connection was true, for a little bit. (still working)

Everytime I reboot my fancy-dancy equalizer stops working, but a quick reinstall always fixes it.

But it's only a UI for a deeper more complicated machine called "Equalizer APO" which needs reinstallation every time windows updates.

Nothing works, everything works, until I turn the thing off and come back.

No has to go through this but me, my sound-system is way too complicated, it's like they shoveled in piles of useless crap to make it look good.

I don't really know what this says, but it reminds me of one of those consoles with a spider-web of gnarly twisted cables on the back.
When it works, it works. (I ignore "Nahimic")

I thought my digital-soundbar did that, two speakers and a subwoofer.
What is this "7.1" you all speak about?
Outputs are empty, unused. No rear speakers here.


You'd think a richer-than-god guy with a soundproof house and burning pocket-holes, might buy rear speakers or at least a 2nd sound bar.

Bugs would eat the soundbar, if I didn't run over it.
discrete-Speakers on stands...yeah but I'm missing the soundproof house.

Nice...until I reboot/update

This page Equalizer APO / Discussion / General Discussion: Not working - Windows 10 (sourceforge.net) makes the complicated impossible, and it isn't necessary (for me), a quick uninstall-reinstall always works, but it's annoying as hell.
Why?? (Why what??) Why must I reinstall everytime I reboot? (You didn't pray to microsoft, you didn't reinstall windows, your version is unworthy, there's this cool registry-cleaner, you need to mail $39.95 to us, you're almost certainly virus ridden)
See why I NEVER ask you anything?
It's maybe an administrative-privileges thing, but that is a very wild guess.
(My guess was Right!! (for now)


That little yellow question-mark in my picture wonders what the delay-ms adjuster does.
Would it add echo?
No, it adds a delay, a biggie delay if you want, so youtube videos are hopelessly out-of-sync.
It does NOT add echo.
hmm.
I am dumping that feature, and in fact the original equalizer has many complicated dials for effects that I never use.
I worry sometimes that the artists would faint if they heard their music through my system, so I only negate the midrange, so they don't sound like they're singing from a transistor radio in a shoebox.
The fancy stuff I listed above (nahimic, etc) is probably supposed to do all this, but I like my downloaded equalizer.
But only for my cheapo headphones, 
because the soundbar sounds Lots better without any software-equalization 
(it does its own, I think).
---

This next bit is a thought, a fragment of a train, 
"Sims 4 in VR"
TLDR: 299 vs (at best) $999


Putting the poor bug-eaten monitor to bed for a while, saving up for next year, VS
Headaches and dizziness.
And (software) bugs.
IDK. . . . 

You apparently need the patch, the update, the software package, the freebie hack, to get a game like "sims 4" to work.
Something called "Virtual desktop" comes up, is that a built in option, a hack, or an expensive add-on?
It isn't apparent to me that it would work as-is.
People say it works, like it was some miracle, and others say it would be NICE if it worked, but no demos, no how-to's. But I'll edit this.
I was sort of enthused, for five-seconds, but now I'm not really sure.

Maybe there should be a commercial asking for money for poor unfortunates buying the wrong headset.
IF you buy the oculus yada-S, you'll get terrible sound and low(er) frame rates, but if you buy something better, review sites relying upon freebie-toys will castigate you:


So I don't know, because next year will be tons better stuff (I feel like we're sitting around waiting for the Virtual Messiah.)
What would HE (o excuse me, she) buy?
I gotta say, I don't get it (yet), it's cheaper but they kind of suck, don't they?
 Or am I reading stuff critics write to appear unbiased.
If a guy had a busted monitor or just hated monitors generally, could you type in a blog or on twitter?

Plus I heard/read you need to *stand* to use these, *that* *can't* be right, can it??
OK I like the rift-s but I like sound too, and you already *drive* like you're virtually sitting on the hood or in front on the street, with no VR headset, in your car.
(I don't know if that sounded right but I'll edit this later)
I am back to my original premise, that it's cheaper than a new video-card, but I already have my video-card which is cheaper than both.

3dof FTW (IDK) WTF (Bah) (LoL)


Except my first impression is that the company dumped "Go" and you can buy it still but for an inflated price (399 vs 199.00 MSRP).
So...uh...nevermind
"quest-2"-plus-cable is doable...o nevermind


Suppose you heard on the news that the "heroes and Icons" in your neighborhood were looking for subversives like yourself, going door to door, seeking a place to trash looking for evidence,
*could you use* the VR headset to store incriminating evidence?
See, cuz, no one would think to look at a headset for evidence.
What else would all that memory be for?
Storing a set of games??
Where's the game-slot, is that optional $78.00 PC cable really mandatory?
So you DO need a PC, or at least some sort of PC-type internet connection (right)?
You can't just pop in a CD (right?)
Or are some games like "Frogger" built in the ROM.
"Mobile phone," ah shit



OK I'm terrible at explaining stuff, but google any webpage about "Encrypted DNS"
And they'll have a horror story or two, and pontificate, blather and Scare you into learning trivia you never cared about before.
Except:
A WIRED wifi setup is much more secure than a wireless one, especially in some mall or starbucks, you'd think.
OK so now, read the next two pictures please.
One is from a pedantic website, the other from me.
And if I missed a detail, I'll edit this, 
but other than warning me that my WIFI dns is unencrypted, it has Nothing to let me change it over to encrypted, like it does on my Wired connection!!
Maybe they took it away to make it easier for the law to track me, but I'm thinking "no", I must just have something set wrong.
Is

Should be


Now maybe it's because other countries such as China and Myanmar object to encrypted DNSs, I don't know, but there it is.
Can you spot my mistake, or do I have a reason for this rant?
.Double-doublechecking my WIRED connection, I see that I am encrypted.


So what gives?
Has Microsoft submitted to Big Brother and nixed encrypted WIFI DNS's or is something set wrong??
Something MUST be set wrong, this CAN'T be an overlooked thing.
I don't know. I don't want my security-sense to be false.
And while typing this, a gargantuan bug was killed next door (or maybe a hoarse rat)
So I'm not exactly on top of my game right this second

There's a site that tests encryption...great but can I trust the site, or the ed-snowdens working for the company owning the site?
If there are too many DNS servers, why couldn't they scare everyone into using one or two (Cloudflare and Google) to make it easier to catch miscreants.
Hmm.
Cloudflare ESNI Checker | Cloudflare and here goes, "I regret nothing," yada etc

Oshit, or "OMMMmm, I'm telling"!! 

So the page is a commercial for cloudflare?



Old-Fogie-speak:
This feature is out of stock and we don't know when we'll ever get it (Feb 2019)
"Next Quarter" "this Year", Covid, reinstall...zzzzz

Dear Naysayers, doubting-Thomas's and fool-headed fanbois, it's true I was using "Microsoft Edge" (based on "chromium" whatever) but when I switched over to "chrome," the real-Mccoy, uhm
same old shit.
Lest ye believe I was too stewpid to check to see if it was browser specific.


And, if you read any of the articles I posted, but mostly the one from the EFF, we're not *just* protecting ourselves from hackers but  Also from overzealous ISPs.

So they might not know what you do at gay-muslim-assassins-for-hire-dot-com, but they know you went there, and that's enough for them.
Apparently they'd love it if you could only use one browser (Firefox) and One Single DNS server, your cooperation is appreciated, citizen.

The most fresh, the bleeding-edgiest "Edge" browser available right this exact-second:
90.0.789.1 (Official build) dev (64-bit)
Only Firefox is worthy, All Hail

 "Firefox" does not work either!! I'm typing this in Firefox now, and I'd swear my print looks smaller...
anyway here is the screenshot.
I also downloaded and installed "HTTPS Everywhere" for firefox and edge, although I kind of think windows 10 was supposed to do that anyway.
And, my original point got lost, WIRED can be encrypted or not, you have a choice,
but at least on my system, "WIRELESS" says it is UN-encrypted DNS-wise, but (but what...???)
O yeah, ALL browsers (I have three) say my DNS is secure, sort-of, except everyone still knows what sites I visit.
Firefox is UNworthy, All Bail
The technology (Secure DNS) is unclear to me, but so is windows, changing once weekly, and the multitude of Browsers (Firefox kind of sucks, here) and I wouldn't want to label all the authors as pimply-faced god-complex punks, but...
(maybe it's an optional setting??? I'll check but right this second, I'm seriously underwhelmed, it's prolly an addon.)
The Default, extant, in force (so it's present but not working)


 



No comments: