-->

Thursday, March 25, 2021

Midis (a rant)

 

It is possible to hear synthesized angelic choirs coming from a PC, just, you have to read a book first, download tons...

I don't think it's possible to upload a midi here, but it would be fairly pointless, as I've just shown to myself, because unless a person has a decent addon-windows-synthesizer (not the one Microsoft uses)
and also some actual instruments (in a file usually called "something.SF2,") 
it sounds very bland.


One midi I have sounds a lot like the piano player has his hands several inches above the keyboard, slamming down on every note.

Midis don't all have to sound like a bad video-game on Nintendo-64...

Unfortunately for me, I cannot play a piano, not even close.

I wrote about this several years ago, Please google "Ted And Edna's Organ Emporium" for the spoof-commercial.

They sound Awful unless you can ...um,...hmm I don't know.

"Voice ooh's, Choir Ahh's"
But now you have Mp3's (Mp4's, wav's)
And Midi's are the abandoned orphan-child of the 90's...

There's a guy on Youtube who got a group of machines to sing Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody...

Anyway I won't buy a piano, bugs would eat it slowly to death.

There's MUCH better blog (of course there is) demonstrating how crappy but potentially *excellent* midis can sound, if you only know what you're doing!!

https://www.vfxwizard.com/grimoire/virtual-choirs-improve-realism.html



sometimes I'd really wish you'd comment!!

If I pontificate that there is no KFC locally (we're this incredibly huge strip-mall basically, with every restaurant you've ever heard of or not, But NO KFC)
You'd counter with the reply that just up the road at the end of the rainbow, there's one.

Or if I say we have drug-stores galore but no vaccines, You'd be flabbergasted, outraged, apoplectic to debate that yes, there's one in the little school (the big school, or a bank.)
(Or "suicide by vaccine" would crawl out of the muck.)


Have you ever had discussions with ranters?
OK my family had ranters, Republican ones, and you learned never to disturb the pristine rants, unsullied by current events.
Only nowadays they can rant from their bunker in Alaska... (Ranters, not my famil...o nevermind)

There's an entire culture online for forums that go ballistic if you disagree with their thread or single post. I'm raised the old-fashioned way, that except for crazy people, most can be reasoned with.
Except my aunt, her brother-in-law, the brother-in-law's kids, 
OK forget what I just said, because you can't argue with the unreasonable or pissed.

But I've ranted long and loud...
Where's the KFC?
Where's the Vaccine?
Where's the KFC WITH the vaccine?

OK what about "with delivery fee" (a heavy one, with gratuity and incentive)



$15 dollars to sit here on my ass and say "Bring on the feast"
"Peel the grapes"


speaking of peeling grapes, (and you already know I cannot do math...I'd have a "learning disability" but I was born before they were invented)
The maximum my Video card can cost is 799.99 + miscellaneous charges.
Just so you know 
(I'm not spending everything away, thanks for your overheard comment, though) and I might save up to increase my maximum budget since nothing is available in my price-range anyway.



The chicken is not as greasy as I remember (love the grease) but it's good!.
So then, Birthdays, Christmas, those times of the year when it's officially OK to be extravagant.

Season's Greetings!!!!


a MUCH better rant follows (it's from a few months ago)
Ecce homo (some would say "ecce mono" but whatever)
I love their commercial and the hot nuts' testimonials...This pic is missing all of the hot nuts.






-----

No comments: