-->

Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Minor footnote


 
Delivery services seem fine but they add a tip and a fee.
(You never tip "UPS")
So is it being profligate to have something delivered??
And WHY don't they take cash?? Maybe they'd get bigger tips.
I don't ever have cash, but it's easier than a card.
Years ago (LoL) Pizza drivers would take a rubbing of my card at the front-door.
"Free delivery", humbug.
Go ahead make my day, 
shout a snarky thing ("it's stupid to have stuff delivered" etc.)
Well you never offered, so I thought I'd try it.

Prodigal makes people think of Jesus and his story. "Profligate" is more what "Caligula" was supposed to have been like.
But if you don't read the bible and do not know who Caligula was (in movies),
uh,
They both mean "wasteful".
Note for future-ness,
They charge your card immediately for a certain amount, and charge MORE later.
$33.60 becomes $36.00 in a couple days.
Ignore the receipt, ask about the tip!

Being prone to fantastical reveries, I'd imagine some people spending their $1400 on 1400 lottery-tickets or scratchers, or betting ponies,
Or buying many buckets of KFC 
Or you could be, like, "austere" and buy

Sexy Bucket of Meat


Someone paid $69,000,000 to virtually own this thing

Wait, maybe I need my glasses on, or maybe a better image (hang on)


I'd swear they are different, somehow...maybe they're being careful, after all, it's a virtual thing that they paid for virtually and I don't think they wanna be virtually sued
-----------------
I made it to a lab. Fine. Why does she have a lab in the most inaccessible part of the universe?
Why haven't helicopters been invented?
Dirigibles.
Monster Trucks!!
But nooooo....

No comments: