-->

Saturday, March 6, 2021

Subjectivity II

"Wait for it..." Strippers strip faster.

Decorum takes time (harrumph)


But I was misinformed when I wrote this, and here's a better place to read why stuff takes forever: They're super-pissed off at each other. https://www.politico.com/news/2021/03/09/house-suspension-bill-republican-payback-474750
I cannot vouch for their (unbiased or biased) point of view, I only know they explained it way better.




-------




They could send 2k (they won't) and it wouldn't be enough to feed the giant maw that chews up stimuluses and spits out crap (from its farting hole).
Feb 18 – 24, 2021 - GPU Pricing Index: Tracking Graphics Cards Sold on eBay | Tom's Hardware (tomshardware.com) (because I haven't found a better link yet)
 


Plywood at hurricane-gouging  prices (see next pic)





My bad math says they're charging three-to-four times too much, for a pissant card that was weak when new and is (should be) dead now.

-------------

Subjectivity Amendment: why is the stimulus taking literally months??

Who objects???
Ah. (got a week?)
Cynthia Lummis (@CynthiaMLummis) / Twitter
Megan McArdle - S.H.A.M.E. Profile (shameproject.com) Rich woman is against the checks, pro-business aid. If she campaigned for latter day saints I'd be a mormon, but she's sort of a tool of the republican party (says the link)

There's a long long quote missing here....

By the way, supermarkets are open, rent still has to be paid, so what is this Shock they speak of?
Disneyland??
The Opera??
O, I know, "Broadway shows"
https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2021/03/10/bidens-relief-bill-bad-policy-475216


They're totally ignoring "Amazon."  No, I'd say this was just one more GOP "Talking point"

They're (super-pissed) that despite their fearless Leader's call for $2000 checks last year, any cake at all is being given that they are ineligible for.
And what did they want it spent on?
(I'm guessing) ATT, BofA, Exxon-pipelines.






https://twitter.com/i/status/1367508131538894848


I've digressed so much I feel like a member of congress...
Some think a tax on the wealthy would repay the US govt, but the US Congress is so wealthy, they'd be taxing themselves (they'd prolly throw in a biggie deduction as an amendment) so I don't see a wealth-tax happening anytime soon. 
I see it as a way for the rich to move their residence to CanCun but, politicians have to at least appear to live here and care about their constituents. 
Punishing any segment of society makes that segment want to get back, so, uhm...hmm.
Pissed off asians you torment today will be your undoing (did I say that out loud?) Um...nevermind.







No comments: