-->

Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Video Madness (it's a title, don't have cows)

 




选一个 is a train of thought...too long and boring to explain, and unpronounceable for me.
Schwan Gee? Wait I'll google it. Not even close!! Cha Iga maybe.
I'm messing up hearing the little diphthongs...Ch(y)a eeguh ( I give up)


What went down and when I don't know, but it's like a creepy, trendy decoration having the store windows boarded-up.
"Season's greetings", they seem to say.

Customers hanging around conversing, as if waiting, and eventually buying a quart of milk. 
Was something supposed to happen?
Was there a twitter-memo?

I was going to write about how much I dislike coupons, the ones in your mailbox as you arrive home from the store, and the electronic card that Should have had discounts but did not.
And some items cost an outrageous 100% more than they did a month ago...syringes are 70.00 instead of 35, unless their computer was having a bad day.
70?
But what do you care of syringes...what of batteries?
I'm not that good in math so I won't calculate the price difference...they cost tons, OK?
Buy "Amazon", seriously, They get a lot of bad press (from some rich press-owner) but they're the best around right now.

-------------


A plague on how hard it is to read their site...
But Anyway...
Notice "GPU Cores" and Also notice "Compute Units"
OK wtf does that even mean? Geez!!!
Not their fault for parroting the marketing lingo.
Lemme see....My processor has 16 cores, 32 if you believe in the power of Marketing.
It has Cache, broken up into little sublets for each core or group of cores.
I just do not know how to equate that to GPU's.
(A GPU is some multi-core thingy that puts out heat.
How MANY cores and how much is marketing, escapes me.
Please read beyond the picture if you're interested in cores. 


CPU vs GPU, apparently they do not charge per core (they didn't until now but whatever)


I need to point out in case you missed it (I did) that a 5900x is a CPU, while a 6800 is a GPU.
In the GPU department, more cores cost more money, with a sort of an insane range...
well anyway, MY 1060 has 10 compute units, while the 6800 has 60.
But, is that marketing?
Huddle 10 preschoolers into a room, vs three 3rd graders in another room. Which group is more productive, is it all magic and mirrors??
I despair...
Nvidia vs AMD and they talk different marketing-languages.
o ^%$# all to hell
Did you notice "Texture Units" in the first picture??!! Mother..!!
and what the fuck is an "ROP??!!" I thought it was a texture-unit.
Or, part of the processor's inner-machinations.
If GPU A has 12 wires, and GPU B has 16-wires, which is more "wiry"?
WRONG! GPU A has fatter wires.
(lol)
If I had a game I could not play or my card were dying,
actually,
uh,
The "RX 480" in the first column of the first picture doesn't look too bad...
Maybe the marketing dept. Had a personnel change, didn't cards get *worse* after that??
So how much??
Never-freaking mind

Remember what I said about amazon??
I take back most of it, read this (but if you cannot see it,
They put their imprimatur on a $250 card selling for $900.00)





Remember the TP shortage, the empty-bread shelves??
No? 
Fucket. Anyway,
Prepare for the Holocaust/revolution, buy a video-card.



No comments: