-->

Saturday, April 17, 2021

Blogs I like (no, that's not it)

 I hate titles.

https://www.techradar.com/news/whats-the-point-of-releasing-new-gpus-if-nobody-can-actually-buy-them


Apparently Some reviewers are depressed, and in general people look pretty sad.

OK blaming Qanon for the reason you'd kill kids is going a little too far (It's a headline I never read the gist of)

Explain this stock photo to me.

She doesn't look very friendly


1. The woman lives in an empty house mostly, except for her richer-than-Caligula computer, which she paid so much for she hides it modestly, so you won't see it in scanty clothes.

(I don't know, You try.)




.

see that "10" on the bottom-right? 10 nobodies read that blog.
It was a proud moment for P&D
(or a glitch)


They did not explain if the photo, the subject of many articles, is time-lapsed or a fast-exposure,
or if much closer spatial-dust is distorting the picture...no...they said up front it proves stuff (Einstein, relativity, heavy stuff can do anything it wants)
Are they asking for more money to build an even more expensive telescope
That would explain tons.
No one I know would dispute their findings, especially me. 
Plus the math they'd throw at you to prove it would be staggering.
Still...




Another blog explaining why the webb (JWST) telescope is so damned expensive goes into more detail than I could read right now (lunch is over) and then praises it for being frugal, cost effective

Only a billion yearly, for Life

Add 3 billion (but that's for All of NASA) (Blame Covid) says a link.
Launch?
The dates are all over the place, but near as I can figure, "Oct 2021"


eggs-basket-chickens-hatched,
https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/nasa-telescope-named-for-mother-of-hubble-nancy-grace-roman


AMD seems hell-bent on releasing new products (rare as moonrocks)


No reason for posting this edit, except I'm mad at AMD for having a page full of new out-of-stock products.
If Lisa Su were a cruel aunt banishing me to a boarding school (a GTX 1060) it would be logical, except she's supposed to be a nice person.

"Newegg Shuffle" is the trendiest thing I've heard about recently (in regards to Video cards) and it's also fairly useless, they want you begging for overpriced ($400.00 over) hardware. 
 I can't be confidently stupid so I went there and found that the closed-shuffle had the card I want (when it was available) for 400.00 more than I wanted to pay.
I'm registered at a certain GPU distributor (not "shuffle") But I'm feeling a little like Mrs. Havisham and her Dusty wedding-reception dining room.
OK maybe that analogy is so obscure even I won't understand it tomorrow...
"All dressed up and nowhere to go"? 
Nevermind😒
Version 21364 Add "Gifs" (yay)








-------------

Work and SLAVE, for what??!!
"oooh, a map"
I thought maybe it was a wifi amplifier, but nooooo,
it's a fucking map.




Ah, mods.
The 19-year-old won't be stronger than god (there's a mod for that but you'd need to be a programmer or know one) but she'll look like one.
https://www.nexusmods.com/horizonzerodawn?tab=popular+%28all+time%29

My best shot right now is a Monsoonal rainstorm with some fog thrown in, just to piss me off.
I don't wanna run a fashion show but just in case I did, they made sure the weather was the worst possible.
So keep your taunts about blurry and gray, &^%$ off and have a nice day.


----
Home delivery isn't perfect...For some reason the supermarket hoards their instant coffee, unlike the drug stores who are happy to sell it.
And when I ordered instant coffee from the market, they sent regular coffee, thinking it's a valid substitution because it's the same brand.
I *could* rant (for real) or just experiment using it for "instant."
I pay
Grocery price, then add 9.95+ 3.00 tip, I don't think even amazon charges that much.
I'm rambling...I meant to say, instant isn't regular, but nobody knows that because (maybe) they never ever make coffee, they pay starbucks for that.



It isn't a biggie unless you try to notify them, which I did (in case you were asking); the form I needed to fill out didn't really mention delivery (the form assumes I was there and made the mistake myself)




No comments: