-->

Sunday, July 25, 2021

ROTH (Random thought of the hour)

 Being diabetic (in spades) I get depressed, and go to bed, only I'm not sleepy and my sugar is high (It says.)

So, maybe it's "Sims", the answer to a nihilistic world yearning for the fifties.

I can only play so long before my imaginary character depresses me, and I need to go window-shop or buy something...

Depressing Garden: Nothing matters, We're doomed (That kind of thing)


I don't know if you can read this, but it cheered me up, sort of.

I'm all like, "I want this cheap thing, but don't want to pay tons for shipping, what can I add?"

Something for 19.95 would be nice.

I, uh, despair (yada blah) video card (blah, etc) but remnants of my savings account could still cheer me up.

Avocados!! A chicken!! Macaroni-salad!!

The avocados would be granite-hard. The salad would make me sick, and the chicken (mmm chicken) 

would be a fleeting greasy mess.

What's mushy and lasts a while?
OK besides Pie (it's sort of a no-no)

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/01/health/ultraprocessed-foods-cancer-early-death-wellness/index.html
(If it tastes good, is easy to cook, it will kill you)

It's bugging me I don't know the sister-word to "nihilistic", But
"We're going to fail, nothing to be done" (AKA global-warming) covers it.
I might try to find the related word and stifle myself rather than expound on it here.
But if depression and schadenfreude thrill you, a cornucopia of synonyms await, for women with round wire-glasses wearing pigtails decrying society.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pessimism

J'accuse!
OTOH this is such a stereotype that beautiful women pose for just such a look.


--------

there's this tart-little thing in macaroni-salad I hate, it's red (maybe it's pimento).

And some bright-bulb adds celery and random vegetables...I gotta take off the rose-colored glasses and look at the food in my mind with a hard-cold stare of reality.
So (for example) "Cake" can be dry, sugary, candy-like.
I already ranted on the avocados.
Eggs?
My stomach quarantines the eggs for a week, they set up house.
Oatmeal (you're kidding, it's at least 90)
Bread (my body has a rule about carbs, I don't know why)
Mushy, mushy....hmm.
Something in "frozen foods" Like maybe (oooh) Lasagna!!
But it's hot and...stuff (I'm not even sure it's microwaveable)
Beans totally suck , .Rice too.
Um....?? 'K, nevermind, I'm losing my voracious appetite, thanks for listening.

New paradiggem, outside-the-box thinking:

Greek yogurt with Broccoli mixed in. That'll get the rice-cake people nodding with approval, but I don't know any rice-cake-eaters..


If I were incredibly fat (which I'm not, just mildly obese,) I'd think of things to add to my yogurt concoction.

Bits of the rotisserie chicken. Some hifalutin spice. (no oil, no EVOO, god no)

Hamburger. Hamburger goes with everything!!

https://www.weightwatchers.com/us/recipe/quick-beef-greek-yogurt-sauce-1/5626a63a3d92b3c10eb8d9d3


Yogurt + Hamburger,+ Broccoli, uhm, avocadoes if they'll fit. avocados avocadoes (the spell check is agnostic about the word)

Google is a zealot, a stick-up-their-ass schoolmarm

The precooked chicken with all sorts of spices my stomach really hates, vs plain, delicious hamburger, and yogurt instead of mayo, for the same reason, and, um, broccoli (Because I like it, not much taste though).

Damn, I could be a cook.
Flash back to when it was my time to cook and I was too sleepy and burned everything, and got scolded by the resident-hottie.
(shakes off evil thoughts) Hamburger, well drained, missing evoo and little cilantro bits, parsley (I'm prejudiced against pretentious garnishes), missing bay leaves.
Now if only my imaginary concoction didn't cost $50 for two servings...
Nevermind, forget it! I'll buy a new toy to garnish my PC.

No comments: