-->

Thursday, August 26, 2021

Old TV

 (old, old) TV westerns, cop shows.

Mark Harmon is hoary and so is (I gotta look up his name) time-travelling cop spaceman (uh) It's not coming to me. "Scott Bakula."

They stuck all the westerns on one (or four) channels, the space show on another (or two) and sort of blended in the cop shows everywhere.

Self-righteous pissant tries to take over his part of the world, or steal money, or it's a mystery.

So cops in "House" and a megalomaniac CEO fit the formula.

But I'm biased, I could be watching singers sing, cookers cook, marrying-types propose, and game shows drag out time ("Final answer,") so it's my fault for not being more diverse.

A lesbian cop show (that isn't lesbian) is my new favorite, as reruns go, 





and sometimes at 3AM I can catch superpowered teens get pissed at each other.

This pic seriously needs a comment line....


A lone congressman (and his staff and another congressman) flew into Afghanistan with powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men.

A congressman.

And when he got back he made sure the press knew he'd been there.



https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/inside-seth-moulton-secret-kabul-trip.html

How come (o nevermind)

They sort of pilloried Jane Fonda for travelling to Vietnam, books were written about it, movies made.
And they could have just travelled to mexico to check out the immigrants....not as topical.
Is he writing a book, will he run for president?


(didn't he already do that?)


In 2001 (or was it 2002) we were discussing "The war", an acquaintance and I.

And I proffered that every single war the US has been involved in. recent wars called "conflicts" (or whatever) ended up with tons of refugees travelling to the US to be citizens.
And he being an immigrant seemed to be on the defensive, but the conversation was very polite and I emphasized "we're just talking" because I didn't want the discussion to be an argument.
But the rich and powerful have left for greener pastures, the poor left behind.

Ahhhh...history repeated itself, despite me saying so (I'm usually wrong.)
But they (The backers of the war) won't let this go easily.
Maybe we should send them all to *his* district.



No comments: