-->

Friday, October 22, 2021

droidcam II: A research project

 Mumbling into my mic at 3AM didn't seem like a good idea,
So I turned on the TV. Unfortunately Droidcam doesn't seem to want to record, so I used (Xbox gamebar, then "OBS.")

Whatever I'm doing it's wrong, the sound is very poor (The video is OK.)

This is being edited. I press buttons like some monkey in space, and stuff starts working.
*This Morning* my audio was dead, and then it wasn't.



USB C-to-A, "enhanced  Security" on, but the audio was zero, until I pressed "____", and the last thing I remember was pushing the volume-control on the phone up. If this was it, I am glad it works now but slightly pissed they put a volume-control on the phone-mic. 

 I have some really buried setting wrong, which is probably it, but none of you would know about that
The rest of this goes back to what I wrote two days ago:





 3GPP AT yada (grr) should be "Off"
Transfer seems to prefer "Transferring images" But I intend to try different settings.
(No, "Transferring images works, nothing like "Tethering" works.)
("Transferring files" works too. which is better?)
I AM on USB c to C, stuff is fine.
Curse you, arcane settings
Only hackers know

They leave options in for eveeel hackers, don't educate the rest of us; Fucket.
My ass-alligator task is to stop crackling in my Mic (remember?) but I'm usually too tired to go on, forget everything I've learned tomorrow.
It is generally recommended on a modern Android devices, to use MTP rather than PTP unless you have software that only supports PTP.
Now if Only I could find which is which.
Transferring files: It shows all my WAVs and music files,
While "Transferring Images" sort of hides them
Edit: Secure-Boot is involved, somehow. I don't know how.
Droidcam is refusing to see the phone even when windows sees it and can play music.
This whole USB-thing is messed up for me, and those "history of the world" sites don't help at all.

Enable "Developer Options"

Enable "USB Debugging"

And why people need a video to say that, why the programmer for the app doesn't say that,
I'm too much in a really dark black mood to know or care.
(It would make a great nag-gy generic error message, "are you SURE you have developer and usb debugging *enabled*?)
did you *restart* the app on your PC? 
(because god-knows-why, but it helps??)
Crackles, drop outs exist.
I need to go into a much more inner circle to find out why.
https://www.e2esoft.com/ivcam-connect-via-usb/ says everything I said, but they were first and much better, but not the part about piss-poor audio. Also This site looks helpful (it looks like a big cake that you nibble the pieces of what you want)
It's a new day, and I have bluetooth headphones anyway (that might have a mic)
But this is like taking a shortcut through Ohio to get to Texas.
All I wanted was to successfully make videocalls, but the phone was inadequate and did not hook up to the doctor's phone at her office (using "Doximity"?) She blamed the building but I had all those little bars.


Now maybe *you* can call friends and relatives on a time-wasting call, T-Mobile-to-verizon or ATT,
android to Apple, but I am not that lucky.
My 2nd step (after a successful video call) would have been to use my PC.
So there. now you know my reasons. 


Pushy people insist that Their method is correct, and it must be your fault (so, reinstall, buy Apple, etc)
Stunning tone-deaf incompetence.






An important note:
Core-isolation-memory integrity
is messed with, because of the Samsung drivers. I don't understand it yet.
Was it me disabling "secure Boot" and royally pissing off windows?
It demoted me from "enhanced" to standard 






And I had to uninstall every last scrap of the samsung drivers.
But I already said that maybe it was USB-C.
They don't say too much, except to hackers, so I'm guessing in the dark.
I could plug the phone back in, but...why?
It's pointless fighting this week's version of windows.
Besides, Microsoft probably uses Apple phones.
That's Microsoft's job, not the job of a street-urchin bothering the megalo-billionaires at Samsung.


Well, it's shown as a portable device, and I can access files. The driver(s) are Microsoft's dated 2006.
Samsung's drivers were eventually updated through "Windows Update" and the takeaway is, I should not use the phone on my USB-C connector; All my other USB connectors don't matter.






Rifaximin is an official med for people with stomach problems. 

You can't be approved for it unless you took it and it didn't help, THEN you can get approved.



I told a doctor about it and was met with stony silence...and anyway, an amazon reviewer claims it only made her worse. But Atrantil helped.
Quien Sabe

A smaller-sized bottle's first review says it didn't do anything, but she was trying to be helpful and said it didn't make her worse 

Dr. Brown is the Maker and the Studier, and most of his studies (that I've found so far) involve women.
"Clinically tested" by himself, truly.
I'm sooo not convinced, but I'll pay my 19.95
Or, I could just stop eating Cashews. They have many unreadable words associated with them, and piss off the denizens of my stomach.
I kind of knew they were bad for you but I did not know why.



No comments: