-->

Sunday, December 19, 2021

dynastic (a note)

 Viacom-cbs-Paramount-showtime 

and T-mobile


Paramount says you can get showtime through them, along with paramount's stuff, for 9.99 monthly.

T-Mobile offers Paramount free, says nothing about Showtime.


(I seriously do not know)

"What is the Paramount+ for one year ON US offer?"

"Starting November 9, 2021, active T-Mobile and Sprint Postpaid customers can claim a year of Paramount+ Essential monthly plan ON US - just for being our customer.
This offer is only available for the Essential monthly plan and cannot be applied to any other Paramount+ Subscription plan."

----

I'll pass (I think)

But this sounds nice.



Today on Google's front page is an article about cell-phones and poor people.
It says T-Mobile and Sprint were being sued in New York for some vague thing I didn't really understand.
My situation is different anyway: rather than pay fees and activation costs, I opted for a "Free" phone which chains me to T-Mobile for two years. So the no-contract contract is still a contract.
The main thrust of the article seems to be that low-tier employees are required to have cell phones.
(To get the texts that tell them to go to work.)

I wish someone would write about the economy of video-cards.
It's too profitable to sell $2000 video cards for whatever reason they can think up, than to sell reasonably priced ones. Has anyone done a profit-margin study on Video-cards?
Unless maybe there's a scheme afoot to eliminate PC's to sell more laptops and cell phones.

PC's need only an adapter, a card, a dongle...I wonder if someone will invent video built into monitors.
It's too vague an idea for me to go into.
But you couldn't "Cuda" or "Phys x," you could only output a packet of video data that the monitor turns into a picture (like maybe TV does already) but I'm thinking out-loud and probably have the concept wrong.
 But if they can "text" pictures from space, you'd think they could do it to a monitor.


------

The news is so overwhelmingly slanted towards casual remarks made by politicians, this article was mostly buried. Not that it's so great of a story as stories go, but I get the idea that news is just propaganda manipulated by a few to aggrandize their power.
(Link)


I'm supposed to say something christmassy.
Well, shit, the marketed reality or just plain reality? Kids pretending to be independent will fly back home to their nests.
Charities will bulk up on commercials, wwp dav etc.
Drag out Mariah Carey and old cartoons
 (she was 25, the cartoon I'm thinking about was maybe from 1932)
OK I lost my train. 
O.
Scrooge, the grinch and a few others I can't remember (eg, "Aunt Kitty" to whom the kitties sing in the cartoon)
Had lives way before they became all saintly.
So if you're alone at christmas, join the zillions.
The magic dies once you're eight.
And how many times can people fly in from [Guam] to surprise you?
(Were you surprised or divorced now?)
People make fun.
(well, they do).
But think of it, Scrooge was getting richer.
Fran (Fan, Fern,) his sister was dead, and his girlfriend Belle wanted to be rich magically, with scrooge being led around by the nose.
.I..I forgot the rest, something about crowded airports, shootings, people drinking champagne and toasting airline profits with you freezing waiting to board or for a cab.
Being rich, being under 8, yeah Christmas is for them, and pretty organ music while the basket gets passed around.
I don't know the definition of "Tinsel" does it have anything to do with tawdriness? Falseness?
Pretend to be happy or scar the under-eight-year-olds
(damned tinsel-eaters)
for life
For LIFE
(endless generations of the embittered and the permanently depressed.)



No comments: