-->

Saturday, December 25, 2021

mimp


 
OK,
So my Uncle got the definition wrong. He used it to chastise little kids, in a gentle-jolly sort of way.
*I* grew up thinking it was an endearment, like "you little shit" but cleaner.
Well, anyway.
I told myself these entries should never be "Live"-spur-of-the-moment, 
In-posthumous (I can't think of the word, "Extemporaneous?" BRB)


"off the cuff"


But that's my trademark style, make stupid guesses backed up with links
("Make guesses stupidly," "Make guesses inoccuously" (2 n's) "Innocuously")
Because you don't care (you never cared about the process, You only care about the *results*.)

My Uncle, dead these seven years,  (That's all I've got so far)
died much older than santa claus, younger than George Burns.
I'm guessing it was because George was very rich, and my uncle wasn't.
Fascinated with trivia, his life was trivial, and yet without his life many people would have been affected, including mine.
So in that sense, he had a wonderful life (It's true if you squint and imagine real hard)

I left out the part about the noise on the roof and wondering what was the matter, to hear such clatter (The water heater and its minion the pump are silent as the grave)
Nah! Lumbago.

visions of sugarplums dancing.


Don'tcha hate it when your best efforts are jokes to assholes who joke?
Maybe they were raised that way.
I submit "America's funniest home videos" as proof.
So this next bit is no effort, and if it was, it would look like Wikipedia.
The whoosh on the far-away highway is back, but it's missing the low-pitched roar it usually has.
Does it sound like a deskfan?

I also surmise (whatever the word is) that soap dispensers were designed to fill the hole in a sink.
There are choices: A dishwasher-vent, a sprayer, or a soap dispenser.
Someone long ago must've invented the four-hole sink (a Faucet used to need three, but mine only needs one) with faucets designed to cover the holes your setup didn't need, but that fourth hole (I think) was originally for dishwashers.
Someone somewhere has invented plastic (chrome?) caps to cover sink-holes, but sprayers and soap dispensers are so much more profitable.
That was an ROTD, not some wiki-style article, hmm.
Try not to laugh too loud
Even Wiki is missing (under the heading "Adoption") anything about when dishwashers at home were trendy. I'm gonna guess "60's" but I might be off by ten years, one way or the other.
(It's sorta like looking up when color TV or Microwave-ovens became popular, they'll quote history-of-the-world stuff til you drop off to sleep.)
Color-TV, 1964. Microwaves, 1974 (or so). Dishwashers, ?? (But that's from foggy memory) 


No comments: