-->

Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Looking for the perfect adapter

 usb-c-3.0-speed-to 2.5 gig ethernet adapter
(insert snarky BS here)
*Apparently*, (geez) you must seek usb 3.0-speed or be stuck on 480Mbps.
The connector (usb-C) is less important (still important)
$53, Staples? Seeeriously?
Newegg isn't much better (and they fudge with the speeds)
Don Juan's camera shop, except didn't I read they were snowed in?
I blog better than I shop, and I do not blog well.

Choetech (do you get the feeling people stencil whatever on a single product from China?) NVM

Cho e TECH! (Beam me up)

Now all I gotta do is find anyone who ever bought "Choetech" and hope the review was favorable (Because "Amazon Basics" cost half as much, but they're buried with some pants to keep them warm as they slowly die)
Buried vs evil...I'll choose the evil (omg)


Aluminium, 2.5g  ethernet, and I'm not real-sure about the USB speed. (Meh)

But (I'm pretty sure,) the *phone* is usb 2.



https://www.samsung.com/us/smartphones/galaxy-a32-5g/

So here's hoping it lasts for years until the model of my phone catches up (but no, they'll have changed the connectors by then)




---------

ONE of the adapters arrived, an "amazon basics" model.
I wrote about the adapter in other entries, too trivial to mention
 (In fact, I'm almost about to erase them)
beeeeecause, there is no advantage to hooking up a typical phone to ethernet,
 the same speed is there, and it's only security considerations that
Made the purchase satisfying.

I made a small discovery yesterday, that my new USB-ethernet adapter eats phone power.
There are other models with several ports that might have been less power hungry.
Anyway charging it before bed, then using the adapter but just letting the phone sit there,
Drained the battery almost completely the next day.


My trash bags are perfumed. They sort of smell ghastly but then, they're trash bags.
I was at the store maybe yesterday, and I saw all the expensive air fresheners.
If you're gonna pay all that for air-freshener, why not buy perfume?
Or cologne.
"Obsession", "White Shoulders".
I'm pretty sure this isn't the extremely expensive stuff I remember, but it might freshen up the curtains or the rug at the front door (next to the perfumed trashcan)

No comments: