-->

Sunday, January 30, 2022

dreams

Life sucks, so then you fly

 

What if you dream of a yellow box from Microsoft that displays on some computer screen what is going on in your network?

It had a name even, but I forgot.

The theme of the dream was, ancient tech you no longer need to use that used to be handy, but now it's closet-food.

One day when you're all in the hills enjoying your millions from Bitcoin and Yahoo, and you're too old to care about politics or disease because you've risen above the petty necessities of life,

uh,

(Ahem) if I'm not dead I'll wonder how the hell I missed out on Bitcoin-yahoo-whatever, wallowing in my little yellow boxes.
I might appear on "The Hoarder show," even.


More rotd train-stuff...If you'd invested in that patch of tumbleweeds, you'd be a billionaire by now...or they'd have eminent-domained it away from you because they didn't like your kind.
Tumbleweeds don't become castles without LOTS of salesmanship (and pretty saleswomen) and let's face it, you couldn't sell rocks to tortoises, uh, or whatever


Apocalyptic two feet




But they sure overhyped their little itty-bitty storm didn't they" Bombasto-storm.
And how come that bridge collapsed on cue? (rotd of an ROTD, apologies)

This whole section will be erased soon, we're supposed to care but I'm too jaundiced
Older (much older) articles agree, and I see the logic of being prepared,
for eruptions in Tonga or quakes off the coast of Mexico....
But yer preaching to the wrong choir.
And if they ever do get a infrastructure bill passed, ever, it'll go to the richest.
"Weather Hype is annoying" noshit







.I'm allowed to drift off the subject, but if that offends you, please stop reading now.
I'm looking for a decent Pittsburgh bridge-collapse picture.
Apparently, the bridge is so damn big they only show pieces of it,
not what it looked like before and a long shot afterwards.
What kind of bridge was it? Trestle, suspension...?
I can't fault them for being paranoid at first and disallowing flyovers and drones.
If it's so big, (I wonder,) why did the entire thing sink down, not just one piece? maybe that's a question best left to architects and physicists (and hopefully, bridge designers)
In the movie, water weakened the supports


in 1974 it was a stylish bridge (and whatever that means, I hope they trash the original design)
I was about to google ancient bridges (hundreds of years old) but nevermind,
I still don't know what *kind* of bridge it was, so they could presumably cross it off of some list (or use more rust oleum next time)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fern_Hollow_Bridge
(Super-dinky feet on the supports)




I dug this sales-brochure picture out of google, and if you were buying a bridge, it'd look real nice, But I was only looking for the meaning of slant-leg.

Stable, Rust-like.
Lawyers will get rich suing everyone everywhere


I wanted to add a long, non-location-specific harangue about construction techniques, But I know next to nothing about construction.
30 men working 30 days on a teeny castle Sooo impressive, you gotta figure it's a new embassy or maybe a tribal office.
But no, it's for chicken (The signs say,) and the man owning the chain worked many macho-type jobs till he made the zillions needed to build restaurants in his state and many others.

Damn, there must be quite a profit margin on chicken.
Which brings me back to "KFC" and why they so snootily snub us, 
with their dinky buildings made mostly of glass and sheet metal.
We ARE, Somebody, and our chicken proves it (soon, maybe June?)





No comments: