-->

Sunday, January 9, 2022

My 3rd adapter

 This will be painstakingly typed, one letter at a time, on the damn phone (ok forget this crap, it's torture)
(...back on PC...)
OK, where was I...I can't conceive of riding a skateboard, using a Razor electric scooter or typing with both of my thumbs. So anyway this old-fashioned blog-entry has to be written on a PC or not at all, I'm too old to do much else.

The new adapter didn't work, then it did.
Didn't.
Did/didn't/did.
I think I needed to:
  • Unblock it
  • Manually turn off "ethernet" on my phone then turn it on again,
  • Then wait for the chip to finish its little spaz-attack for being charged and having internet all at once.
But does it *work*?
I have no idea, 
wait, I'll run a test.
Well, it ran a speedtest, a mediocre one, without failing, so yeah, I guess it works, and it's also being charged, but I don't trust it, not yet.

Wait, for this to be an actual review I must at least type the damn name, what was it...
UtechSmart UCN3273
does flipping the power on/off affect it?
How much power does it use on its own?
I'll edit this.

My PC's network card "NIC" is being horrible, and I don't know what's wrong.

Every tweak I try or un-try makes it more and more mad.


The speed isn't important right this second, but that squirrely line *is* important, it's horrible.

It's like you driving too fast, saying "o-shit" and randomly tapping on the brakes.

I'm supposed to, uhm, disconnect my router, only use the modem, when testing....

OK Fine, *whatever* (&^%$)

Plus, the richer-than-god mobo has two built-in NICs, and a third in a box, so I can't sit here whining...

waitasec

Slower, happier. 

The internet in general is squirrely, or I broke something...455Mbps is nothing to sneeze at, even if it's off by a few million megs.
Ble-ble-ble, δύσκολος, 难 (哈哈)
I wish I could talk like "Ricky Ricardo" right this second. 
Internet + Blang 2.0! (yay. 😒)
I just spent way more than an hour tweaking, enabling encrypted thingies, and guess what: NOTHING changed, it's still off by a few megabytes.




I read threads like this link here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/90yf7s/tried_turning_off_interrupt_moderation_on_my/e2vatz3/
And I totally guess (before the dick-waving starts) that some settings make no difference and it's pointless reading their history, their pedigree, etymology, because people'd disagree.
"It works"
"Bah, snake oil"
"Go away" and that's paraphrasing nicely.
457 on nice nights like this one, the phone is lots slower, and I *should* be at 461(pc), 351(phone)or so.
Buut no....ooo. 
Is it a spectrum thing or is it moi?

The power that the new adapter uses is comparable to the Amazon-Basics one.
I need to rethink my charging scheme, and decide whether it's better to constantly charge, or to let the phone die at night when I go to bed (because in a very few hours, this unpowered device kills the battery)
This new one lets you charge while you browse, but there isn't much to browse! 
I need to join a movie-club or something.
Ya know, I'd be *happy* with OTA tv but I think they shitcanned internet TV, but if they didn't, that's the one I'd want. 
     Shriners commercials and preachers trying to convert me, 
and the pillow-guy moaning about cancel-culture, 
all for the low-low price of 19.95 monthly...

Foam rubber starts as a thick liquid that turns into a very sticky king-size-bed that needs to cool and be less sticky. (Think of the profits!) And (uh, nevermind) expensive pillows and foam mattresses are a real ripoff (nvm)
Purple things are molded "Wham" (another $400) "wham" (another $400)
I need springs made by overworked craftsmen. 
Something springy anyway, not some overpriced sponge




This link is for some future blog.
Some guy who murdered his wife, his friend, was exonerated for killing some black guy, finally died today.

No comments: